AVIC411.com

New 2012 Map Upgrade at Pioneer website!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35095-group-purchase-of-2012-upgrades/

I purchased it over the weekend. I should get it Thursday. I can send the files to you if you can crack it.

I can't! I was just asking in this section if the site not knowing it had posted that you purchased it in the hacks section. I do have a friend that works at Best Buy, he is a computer genius and a car geek. I'm sure he can. If you'd like to send it to me I'll take it to him today.

I think its funny how people pay 120 dollars to say hey please hack this for everyone else to have for free. You know in the end some dude is going to be on ebay charging 50 dollars or something to sell that shit on ebay. 10 or 20 times over. Makes me sick. I ordered mine from navigation.com, I dont know why Pioneer went that route, but my guess is given the ipod integration in all the new cars and navigation built in all the new phones I dont see this market lasting much longer. Its a dying to dead business. I've seen the new Camry's and ford's, its getting pretty close to what we have withe z series. touch screen, usb plug ints of iphones/ipods. My next new car purchase won't be tagging my pioneer along. The whole concept of paying 120 dollars for a map upgrade every year, when I have my ihpone 4s with live maps onj ios 6 being pulled in over 3g or LTE lets say with iphone 5 seems pretty ridiculous. Just a thought.

I think its funny how people pay 120 dollars to say hey please hack this for everyone else to have for free. You know in the end some dude is going to be on ebay charging 50 dollars or something to sell that shit on ebay. 10 or 20 times over. Makes me sick. I ordered mine from navigation.com, I dont know why Pioneer went that route, but my guess is given the ipod integration in all the new cars and navigation built in all the new phones I dont see this market lasting much longer. Its a dying to dead business. I've seen the new Camry's and ford's, its getting pretty close to what we have withe z series. touch screen, usb plug ints of iphones/ipods. My next new car purchase won't be tagging my pioneer along. The whole concept of paying 120 dollars for a map upgrade every year, when I have my ihpone 4s with live maps onj ios 6 being pulled in over 3g or LTE lets say with iphone 5 seems pretty ridiculous. Just a thought.

I totally agree.

For anyone upgrading, I can offer the following advice which I learned the hard way.

When selecting your device on the Navteq website, make sure you choose your actual head unit model number, regardless if you have upgraded via firmware in the past.

I have a Z120BT and I stupidly chose Z130BT as my model number, thinking I should since I upgraded my Z120BT to a Z130BT last year with the CNSD-210FM update.

So, I got the Z130BT upgrade SD Card and it said it was the incorrect media for my device.

I had to sent it back to Navteq and order the Z120BT update which worked fine.