AVIC411.com

New 2012 Map Upgrade at Pioneer website!!!

So, in light of the update to Navteq maps and app radio, is there still any benefit to go from z130 to z140 if/when the update becomes available?

Other then the HD radio being built in and style/chassis differences there is zero difference between the features of the Z1xxxxx software upgrade to 2012 (4.00000)and the z140bh. I owend the z140bh and went to the z120bt because it still had voice recognition for address/poi. Now that has been removed from the z series with the 2012 upgrade (aka feature downgrade with newer maps)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incase you guys didn't se emy other post THE 2012 UPDATE WILL REMOVE VOICE SEARCH FOR POI'S AND ADDRESS! So prepare for a loss of features.

Does that really work anyway? I think they eliminated it because that feature is a failure. About the only VM that works for me, is voice calling - and that is iffy.

Does that really work anyway? I think they eliminated it because that feature is a failure. About the only VM that works for me, is voice calling - and that is iffy.

I almost never had failures with VC for navi. It was iffy with iPod but worked fairly well as did voice dial. I feel that it is a fail that they removed it from the features of the unit. Interestingly enough Kenwood has done the same thing however with their 2012 units but theirs didn't work well at all for anything other then navi.

I almost never had failures with VC for navi. It was iffy with iPod but worked fairly well as did voice dial. I feel that it is a fail that they removed it from the features of the unit. Interestingly enough Kenwood has done the same thing however with their 2012 units but theirs didn't work well at all for anything other then navi.

I wonder if it is to free up processor and memory? It is a little weird that they would remove a nice safety feature, considering that bypassing the lockout is easy and then people will type addresses in as they drive. Also, most newer cars have this as an option and Pioneer and the other manufacturers need to step up their game or there will not be a need for aftermarket.