AVIC411.com

Still having trouble with boot screen..help?

I still cannot get this thing to work....I will post in detail what I am doing..If anyone can see where I may be going wrong in the process I post please let me know....your help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

I load the Pioneer Navigation DVD into the DVD burner.....I open "my computer" / and then open the drive containing the Navigation DVD. I highlight all the folders and files that are there. I then drag these files/folders to a folder on my desktop which I made for this purpose only. I open this folder and click on the folder labeled BG....in there .... I find and delete the BGOPEN2.jpg file and add my new file which was made on the AVIC411 site...it is a .jpg file at 500 x 240 size. I name it the same as the old file BGOPEN. It is a .jpg file.

I then open the Nero6 software and click on the little "dvd" icon in the top right corner. I then click on the "make a data disc" a window pops up asking me where to add files from....so I open the folder I made with all the files. I highlight/select all of the files and click "add". Once this is complete and I see all the 6 plus gigs of files ready to be burned.... I then burn them to the DVD+R DL discs. This takes a while..when finished I get the confirmation that this was successfully completed. I put the disc in the 2nd AVIC D2 Slot and push the Reset button......I also try turning the key off.....I still get .."please insert appropriate disc".

I have tried other ways in the Nero software ....like copy a DVD...but there is no way to add/delete files...I have done the above procedure 3 times.....

If I take the newly burned DVD and open it I can see all the exact files that are on the original pioneer DVD disc....

Can anyone see what I may be doing wrong???

Thanks Tom

there is 2 bgopen files

a

BGOPEN.JPG

and

BGOPEN2.JPG

MAKE SURE your replacing both with your new .jpg's

also, it is appearing like your media could be to blame, like your avic doesnt like the media. Have you tried other brands? The reason i say this is because if lets say your jpg's were to blame, you should at least be able to use the disks for navigation purposes, but you arent able to. Also, some say that the burn speed matters, try slower.

p.s. thats how you post for help.

Thanks for the helpful replys....I didnt realize there were two BGOPEN.jpg files.....I will try replacing both of them...as well as burning at a lower speed...

1 Are both BGOPEN files in the same BG folder?

2. Does DVD media have different formats like (+ / -). The guy at the store wasnt sure......if so what should I be using?

3. Am I correct in using the Nero "copy data" function(with the DVD function chosen).

I will also try a different brand media.....l

PS. Thanks for the complement....Thanks For the help.......this simple thing is driving me CRAZY

THANKS Tom

I checked the original dvd...I only see one BGOPEN.jpg and one BGOPEN2.jpg. I checked all the folders....nothing that resembles these files..

Could by chance Pioneer have changed the software.....copy protecting some files...I just bought the unit....I was also told they will be discontinued and replaced by the D3

Thanks again

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Thanks for the helpful replys....I didnt realize there were two BGOPEN.jpg files.....I will try replacing both of them...as well as burning at a lower speed...

2. Does DVD media have different formats like (+ / -). The guy at the store wasnt sure......if so what should I be using?

3. Am I correct in using the Nero "copy data" function(with the DVD function chosen).

PS. Thanks for the complement....Thanks For the help.......this simple thing is driving me CRAZY

THANKS Tom

IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT ON THIS TOO! I cant change my boot up for some reason. I got new backgrounds, no problem. But this dam BGOPEN.JPG and BGOPEN2.JPG is driving me nuts.

I changed both... AND I even changed the BGOPEN.PIM just for kicks. NOTHING WORKS!

I think the DIY needs to be updated. They act like your an idiot if it doesnt work, yet all the info is crossthreaded and or NOT about the BOOT UP screen.

ARGH! This is driving me ape shit!

THANKS Tom

IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT ON THIS TOO! I cant change my boot up for some reason. I got new backgrounds, no problem. But this dam BGOPEN.JPG and BGOPEN2.JPG is driving me nuts.

I changed both... AND I even changed the BGOPEN.PIM just for kicks. NOTHING WORKS!

I think the DIY needs to be updated. They act like your an idiot if it doesnt work, yet all the info is crossthreaded and or NOT about the BOOT UP screen.

ARGH! This is driving me ape shit!