AVIC411.com

Left Rear Speaker Not Working

I just bought a 2003 Civic Si and it came with an AVICF700Bt and the left rear speaker does not work. Ive read things that indicate it may be the stereo instead of the speaker being blown, has anyone had problems like this.

Oh and let me just say I'm so glad I didnt waste my money on this stereo its been the worst thing Ive ever owned, the USB is slow, the SD is slow, AUX jack doesnt work, USB port doesnt work with ipod out of the box, very annoying. Kinda missing my old sony deck....

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem. Only it varies from both right speakers to either just rear one. It also usually only happens on iPod/iPhone. I switch to any other component, they work fine. Other times it works on iPhone/iPad and not on SD card or something else. Very frustrating. I think my unit is just dying on me.. :(

elco, you have to cut that the radio a little bit of slack, it was release in 2008(designed 2006-2007) and its running an old windows CE operating system. Sajin, i had the same problem and it was the cheap "pioneer ipod adapter". I bought both the pioneer one and a cheap knock off from ebay. The one I bought from Apple was the only one that worked perfectly for me (but it was triple the cost).

• 1 month later...

Well I started having issues with the connection to the iPhone disconnecting when i'd just move it. So I decided to get the Apple cable for 40 bucks and hope I would solve two problems at once. It's been two weeks and I now have 0 problems with any type of distorted sound or connectivity issues with iPhone dealing with music. You guys are right, don't go cheap on the cable and just go with the authentic one.

Well I started having issues with the connection to the iPhone disconnecting when i'd just move it. So I decided to get the Apple cable for 40 bucks and hope I would solve two problems at once. It's been two weeks and I now have 0 problems with any type of distorted sound or connectivity issues with iPhone dealing with music. You guys are right, don't go cheap on the cable and just go with the authentic one.

awesome news!