AVIC411.com

Group Purchase of 2012 Upgrades

Sheka,

If you want to help us out, that would be awsome. I'm sure myself (or some others in here) could figure it out with IDA and a few hours of staring at ARM code ;)

If you feel like it, give me a PM, if you can upload a private torrent.

You may want to take a dump of the SD cards before you do any updates so that you have a pristine copy. You can do this without and changes to SD card contents.

Are you on mac or pc?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did my upgrade last week. While the maps still aren't perfect, they are a little better. The advanced app radio that I was so excited about didn't turn out to be much. The thing I don't like is that it still doesn't start the application on the iphone. You have to pick up the phone and start the app yourself. I haven't had time to test out the voice control since I don't use it and don't have it set up.

Big thanks Sheka. Working on it now...

regarding the navigation ok ack - not sure if anybody else looked at it... it's difficult to trace the event-driven gui stuff across different libraries with free version of IDA, and not being able to debug on the target... :(

I want to figure out how to get rid of this junk too.

Another example of poor ui design. This should have had a timer on it that automatically disappears after 10 seconds of display, like Garmin units.

Forcing the user to click on a safety message while driving is itself a safety issue - hello!!

Hey all, just want to say big thanks to Sheka, We have a working upgrade for x930bt (and probably z130bt). May also work for earlier versions (x920bt, z120bt, etc).

I patched my existing RenewalIFLib.dll and put it back on my unit via testmode, then used Sheka's CNSD-310FM/UC dump on a microsd card - upgrade went flawlessly.

I'll try to start up a new thread for this upgrade. Again - wouldn't be possible without Sheka!!

Update: here it is...