AVIC411.com

AM/FM functions do not work... Please help!

I am installing the system into a 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser. I've got the harness all hooked up and the system powers up just fine. In fact, the DVD, Navi, and library functions all work just fine. But, here's the kicker...when I select either AM OR FM, the screen automatically goes blank and the unit seems as though it's restarting.

So, the screen shuts off for a split second and then turns on again immediately selecting those options. Then the unit cycles through this on/off phases over and over again. It doesn't stop. I have to push the reset button in order to get it to stop.

Any ideas as to what is going on?? :?: :?:
So, I figured it out!

It turns out that the antenna on/off wire was the culprit. Once I disconnected that wire, the AM/FM functions started working automatically. I just find it to be really odd since the harness didn't have any wires connecting to the car. It was just an empty pin. But, either way, I'm glad to know that there wasn't anything wrong with the unit.