AVIC411.com

Getting a new Z140BH I guess

Well I'm still waiting for my new unit. I use my vehicle for my IT business so it is insured commercially. seems the process is a little slower and more involved for an insurance claim on a commercial policy than a typical consumer policy. An adjuster from Farmers Insurance was out to look at the vehicle yesterday, but he was there just for "vehicle" damage, and not electronics. He took pictures of the empty cavity to forward to the person who handles electronics but I have been playing phone tag with her since yesterday so I am still waiting.

On another note, since I had my truck immobile for the weekend and I had a few other items I wanted to repair on it also I pulled out the complete interior and the steering column. I repaired my shifting mechanism and traced down all the wires for the z110 that Car Toys had put in 3 years ago. They had done a pretty good job installing the unit but I am kind of anal when it comes to stuff like that and I wasn't completely happy with how they had ran wires and tapped into the various spots needed for the headunit, and other equipment I had installed. I'm trying to get my insurance to just pay me the amount we settle on for replacement so I can install the new unit myself. Not so much to save money, although that is a consideration, but mostly so I can wire it up to my satisfaction.