AVIC411.com

New Traffic Tuner will not work on a Z110 Upgraded to 2012 navteq map

Trust me the minute you hook up the tuner the system will start rebooting on its own every two to three seconds. As soon as I took it off it was all good.

No disrespect, but may I ask if you upgraded your Z110 with the correct upgrade? There are two versions; one for Z110/Z120, and the other for Z130.

Also, did you try to upgrade the HU with the new tuner installed? Maybe it is expecting to see the old tuner, and goes into a loop because you installed the upgrade with the old tuner. Im just thinking out loud.

• 2 weeks later...

This sh ould be sticked and or made in a general forum..

Due to the fact is ive been on this forum for the past couple months and was able to get my z110bt to 1.001 and dats it.. the short fuse procedures is all scattered also for It seems that the cracks are avail for more than one upgrade too, or I am wrong?

we need to know the best hacks and or upgrade for the z110bts and the general progress ion of hacks and upgrades.

For example Im in Italy with the stateside z110bt and would like to upgrade PLUS load the eu maps while im out here.

Reading thru here it states to short fuse a 30 piece torrent and that has 18 pages of questions and no clear up procedures and or suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm in SoCal, with a z110bt that was installed and updated to 2011 (and parking brake bypassed) when I bought the vehicle.

I updated the firmware and maps to 2012, and the thing seems to route around traffic tie-ups somehow - it took me off the 5 and onto the 110 yesterday when the 5 was clogged and the 110 was clear. I don't know if the system has a traffic tuner installed or not, though the fact that it took me on a longer route (with less traffic) at least twice makes it look likely.

How can I tell if I have the tuner installed? On the Home|Directions screen there is a touch button for "Traffic", but I don't know that it does anything.

when you are int he traffic menu, you can select traffic providers (and after your radio has been on for a few minutes) you should see one or more FM frequencies to choose from in the list. If it says no traffic providers, then you are either not in coverage, or dont have a traffic tuner connected to the back. If you bought a Z110 when it came out, and have not since installed a TMC traffic tuner, then you probably dont have one.