AVIC411.com

Map upgrade/feature update 2012 removes address/poi voice search

hey guys just upgraded my z120bt to the 2012 navteq update. I paid 120 dollars for it from navigation.com

So here are my observations 5 mins playing with it.

1. Unit is snappier buttons seem to respond much faster when pressed screen touch included along with physical buttons.

2. When the voice recognition button is pressed there are only 3 options available: Search for album and change source and call (someone). Address and poi voice recongition is completely removed/gone.search by artist, gone.

3. Maps are much better, my neighborhood is all there which is really surprising ( about 3 years old)

4. The app radio mode is all crap. it crashes, its slow, and I have to admit its 100 times more distracting then just glimpsing at your phone to get the info. I mean my god its slow and buggy, the app radio app crashed several times in the few minutes I played with it. Motion x wants 25 dollars to upgrade you to the external touch interface. Most other apps are all other country apps. So yeah overall worthless shit.

I have to admit im really pissed off they removed voice search for address and Points of interest. There was no warning what so every this was removed. Quite literally this unit is now a 140BH without the HD radio of course.

They least they could of done is put a siri button feature in place of the built in VR.

Overall I think this will be my last paid for update for pioneer, I feel ripped off they actually removed features without warning. I mean what the hell is up with that.

Overall I think this will be my last paid for update for pioneer, I feel ripped off they actually removed features without warning. I mean what the hell is up with that.

Don't be surprised if they put that stuff back in on the next update.

It would be nice to go back if you don't like the install though.

I wonder what O/S these things run on?

• 1 month later...

I have a feeling going to navteq maps must of broken all VR for poi/address. That is the only thing that explains why they would actually go to less features. And in addition to that with Siri on all the new phones 4S and newer, maybe they thought no one would miss it.

Now that the iphone 5 is out, I really wasted my money. Everything is done via bluetooth and I can't seem to get my hands on a 30 pin to lightning adapter. I have a feeling pioneers car audio division is in some deep crap. Factory stereos now have ipod integration and bluetooth audio, along with navigation coming free on the iphone now.

Not to mention it doesn't cost 120 dollars a year to remove features and give you slightly more up to date maps.

I do miss alburm art and being able to navigate the audio via the screen so I am really hoping the adapter allows all those things to work again. If not I will probably just go back to my cars factory radio that has stereo bluetooth etc.

I do miss alburm art and being able to navigate the audio via the screen so I am really hoping the adapter allows all those things to work again. If not I will probably just go back to my cars factory radio that has stereo bluetooth etc.

Its been confirmed that the Apple adapter supports everything except video and App Mode.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for this post. I was considering picking up the 140 update, but since it kills voice control of navigation, it's a big HELL NO to this update.

With the iP5 out and Android with decent marketshare compared to when the Z110 came out, I'm hoping Pioneer really makes an actual update to the Z-series instead of incremental updates to a 4-year-old system.

Maybe something with MHL support?

• 3 weeks later...

Its been confirmed that the Apple adapter supports everything except video and App Mode.

The adapter worked but it would not allow calls to come through while my iPhone 5 was plugged into the unit. I tested this multiple times and every time it was plugged into the head unit no ringing and not even my phone lighting up to tell me I had a call. Once I unplugged it from the unit my calls came through just fine. I'm sure this can be remedied by just constantly hooking your phone up to Bluetooth but I usually don't like to unless I am going on a long drive.

I also am still on the 2010 update so maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know.

I just bought a car with the Z110BT installed. I ordered a 2012 maps update that I'm told will come on 2 SD chips. (Maps and Firmware?) I don't know).

My Z110 has a copyright splash screen saying © 1984-2011, which I'm told means it was updated to 2011 maps last year.

I'm in OC and the Z110 is back in KY, so I can't test anything out for a couple more weeks, but what are the advantages and the disadvantages of applying the 2012 updates? (I'm told the update will make my 110 the same as a 140 - but if that breaks voice navigation, it's not worth the trouble, let alone the expense).

on the navigation.com website, there is a pdf document that you can view for your particular update. Within that document, there is a matrix that shows the various "changes" to features, etc depending upon which unit and software version you have.

Read that. It was not "without warning", but perhaps people didnt read the doc?

It explains it fairly well what is changing.

for the extremely lazy and impatient (high percentage!):

http://www.navigatio...teqNorthAmerica

page 17

RTFM people!