AVIC411.com

Upcoming iPhone 5 and AppRadio/AppRadio 2 Support

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I have an iPhone 4 that is mine and use it only for work. So may keep it in vehicle but Bluetooth my 5 for calls. When you say tether your 5 to your 4, what does that entail and provide you?

Basically you set your iPhone 5 up as a wifi personal hotspot, and then use your iphone 4 to connect to it. That basically acts as a wifi connection for your iPhone 4, giving you access to maps/other applications that use data.

Then just hook up your iPhone 5 via bluetooth for your hands-free calling

It basically means you use your iphone 4 with the data from your iPhone 5

i got mine iphone 5 coming friday, adaptor on order so i guess well see. i'll try to tether it to my 4 and see how that goes initially then hope for the best on this adaptor thing. maybe it'll get worked out i kinda liked the app radio. i didn't pay much for it and it was good for what i paid. hope i can keep it

Quick copy paste from Mike´s Topic since i´m not so sure if it belongs there.

Just a crazy thought. I realy wounder what will happen if u get the Iphone 5 hooked up to the HDMI Port of the Appradio. That could be very well a sollution to alot of Problems. HDMI is fully digital (correct me if i´m wrong). To take this a litte further, I wonder if we would be able to mirror the hole phone onto the Appradio2 via HDMI. It has been done with XBoxes, etc,.. over at XDA Developers they just managed to mirror Android Phones though the HDMI Port.

Anyone any thoughts on that ??

Cheers Goofy

Quick copy paste from Mike´s Topic since i´m not so sure if it belongs there.

Just a crazy thought. I realy wounder what will happen if u get the Iphone 5 hooked up to the HDMI Port of the Appradio. That could be very well a sollution to alot of Problems. HDMI is fully digital (correct me if i´m wrong). To take this a litte further, I wonder if we would be able to mirror the hole phone onto the Appradio2 via HDMI. It has been done with XBoxes, etc,.. over at XDA Developers they just managed to mirror Android Phones though the HDMI Port.

Anyone any thoughts on that ??

Cheers Goofy

The only problem with that would be your throwing away the touch screen.

The only problem with that would be your throwing away the touch screen.

Why is that ? Of Course there would be some adaption needed to run the Iphone through the HDMI Port but the Android Phones run through it and dont loose the Touchscreen. At least it might be a patch option for Pioneer to change the connection from the Iphone Port to the HDMI Port. I am not a Programmer so I wouldnt know how much work that means.

Cheers Goofy

From Pioneer:

For owners of current AppRadio 2, AppRadio, and Advanced App Mode products*, please read the following important update:

Your Pioneer product is compatible with iOS 6 installed on the iPhone 4S or iPhone 4.

At this time, two operational issues, listed below, have been identified. To resolve these issues, both the Pioneer AppRadio app and each compatible third-party AppRadio app require an update.

1.) Apps cannot be successfully launched from the AppRadio screen.

2.) Pinch to zoom is disabled.

As of September 18, 2012, an updated Pioneer AppRadio app has been submitted to the App Store for review. We will post more information when this app is available in the App Store. The developers of compatible third-party AppRadio apps are also currently working to update their respective apps. The update and submission process may vary for each compatible third-party AppRadio app.

We will continue to post updates regarding app availability.

* Model numbers vary by region. Applicable U.S. models are as follows: SPH-DA100, SPH-DA02, SPH-DA01, AVIC-Z140BH, AVIC-X940BT, AVH-P8400BH

Why is that ? Of Course there would be some adaption needed to run the Iphone through the HDMI Port but the Android Phones run through it and dont loose the Touchscreen. At least it might be a patch option for Pioneer to change the connection from the Iphone Port to the HDMI Port. I am not a Programmer so I wouldnt know how much work that means.

Cheers Goofy

if it works that will be sweet i hope it does