AVIC411.com

Upcoming iPhone 5 and AppRadio/AppRadio 2 Support

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update... so on an x940 no advanced appmode or video. All else is same as before...

That's makes iphone5 a no go for me... if I upgrade I want more not less than I have today

Hadn't check the forum for a couple of days, I just got my adapter and wanted to confirm that only Audio Works just as the chart here describes. To all of you blaming Apple, I think Pioneer has a lot of the responsibility here. My unit is not more than 2 months old and by the time it was only a month old it was already obsolete each time I asked Pioneer they would answer with some meaningless message dodging my questions. I still give them the benefit of doubt and hope the sell a cable and give a firmware upgrade to support the latest tech.

If one reads Pioneers Appradio2 description it says "Access to the future! A key to AppRadio is the flexibility to seamlessly add features and capabilities ... The AppRadio is designed to grow with your smartphone, and has the potential to support updates for future hardware and versions of the operating system." I wonder if one can put a class action lawsuite for false advertisement, as I said I'll give them the benefit of doubt I still have 10 days to return my unit but I think I'll keep it and trust Pioneer on this one though through their support I totally should have lost hope by now.

• 2 weeks later...

most of people asking for iphone 5, etc etc, does anyone think about a kind of wireless connection ( even with an option hiden behind the dashboard )

to connect and fully use iphone 5 ( even iphone 4 )

most of time we hear about this new process called "WIDI" wireless display...or even with dlna protocol or something like that...but in the windows 6 of appradio...???

has anybody thought about this idea ? because keeping the iphone plug/unplugged, etc etc.... in long time use...the connector wire will be "out"...and with iphone 5....for sure apple, didn't let that point left like that...sure they think something

(maybe only to use their apple tv or airplay module, but i'm not against buying one, if it allow to use the iphone on the appradio, "wirelessly")

• 3 months later...

Copied this from my post in another thread:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36081-appradio2-sph-da100-update-v830/

DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LIGHTNING DIGITAL AV ADAPTER FOR THE IPHONE 5.

Just updated to the latest firmware and I also recently upgraded my iPhone 4
to the iPhone 5. I had the iPhone 4 plugged in with the radio's 30 pin
connector for music and video until my av adapter came in the mail. Some
results below:

iPhone 4 with new update FW v8.30 and AppRadio 30pin connector

iPod music - no

iPod video - no

AppRadio Apps - no

Pandora - no

Charging - yes

iPhone 5 with new update FW v8.30 and lightning to usb cable plugged into AppRadio usb

iPod music - no

iPod video - no

AppRadio Apps - no

Pandora - no

Charging - yes

iPhone 5 with new update FW v8.30 and 30 pin to lightning adapter cable plugged into AppRadio 30 pin

(same results if using 30 pin to lightning on 30 pin cable to AppRadio usb)

iPod music - no

iPod video - no

AppRadio Apps - no

Pandora - no

Charging - yes

iPhone 5 with new update FW v8.30 and lightning digital av adapter with standard HDMI cable

iPod music - yes (iPod icon is unusable but music plays when selected from iPhone)

iPod video - yes

AppRadio Apps - yes

Pandora - yes

Charging - yes (with lightning to usb cable plugged into AppRadio usb)

iPhone to AppRadio screen mirroring - yes

My iPhone 5 is on FW 6.0.1, jailbroken with evasi0n with AT&T

I don't understand why Pioneer is charging $60 for an HDMI cable that
they call the IH-202. I bought a cheap HDMI cable off ebay for $2 and it
works fine. The HDMI port on the back of the stereo doesn't have much
room for HDMI cables that may have a larger plastic end.