AVIC411.com

Whats the best way to tap into the VSS wire?

call it whatever you want. either way there are many ways to skin a cat that all accomplish the job AND are reliable. Its just how you do it and use it. Also, if someone is not proficient enough to use a t tap, I'd hardly trust them with a soldering iron near and ecu or something.

that too is a valid point. At least with a ttap or scotchlock the odds of damaging nearby wiring is minimal.

im fairly confident in doing any method really, ive worked with wires before, especially when having to wire two amps on my 04 gti, this stuff really isnt new to me...but it is my first time actually installing a headunit and a brain that accompanies it....not to mention rear view camera....and the ipod adapter....and the sirius sat radio lol. Ive done a few installs in peoples cars but none with this much going for it. Generally the easier this can be done...i would like to do it that way....

call it whatever you want. either way there are many ways to skin a cat that all accomplish the job AND are reliable. Its just how you do it and use it. Also, if someone is not proficient enough to use a t tap, I'd hardly trust them with a soldering iron near and ecu or something.

that too is a valid point. At least with a ttap or scotchlock the odds of damaging nearby wiring is minimal.

Yeah, may not damage nearby wiring, but have fun trouble shooting, when the t-tap partially severes the wire. T-Taps are for hack shops and Pep Boys mechanics.

Grab a soldering iron and some good 3M super 33. Cut the insulation back on the wire to be tapped into, using a razor knife. Wrap wire around exposed wire, solder and tape.

again, if you cant execute a t tap properly, i sure as hell wouldnt trust that same hand with a sharp knife and a soldering iron. There are certain steps you can take with any type of install to ensure it is done properly. there are ways to install a t tap properly and get many many years of use out of it