AVIC411.com

iPhone 5 cable issues

Also, I wonder, if I were to take the lightning cable that came with the iphone, plug it into the usb port that the iphone cable plugs into, then take a male-male headphone cable and plug it into the other female cable attached, would THAT work? Just wondering... I doubt it, but what if...

AFAIK, no iOS device outputs video at the headphone jack, only audio.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I tested my new received Lightning to 30 pin connector today with my iPhone 5 on my 700bt using the Apple AV composite cable. Charging works, audio works, Avic control of the iPod functions work and Stitcher works. I didn't try video since the fine print on the adapter says it doesn't work.

I tested my new received Lightning to 30 pin connector today with my iPhone 5 on my 700bt using the Apple AV composite cable. Charging works, audio works, Avic control of the iPod functions work and Stitcher works. I didn't try video since the fine print on the adapter says it doesn't work.

This is excellent news!

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear.

I tried plugging in my usb/ lightning cable directly (instead of using the adapter.) Controls work just fine, but audio comes out of the phone & not the system. Settings are correct in AV settings area. I'm guessing that for some reason, my setup with my F90BT isn't recognizing the digital signal? :(

Also chiming in here...

My F90BT and iPhone 5 work perfectly fine connected using Apple's Lightning to 30-pin Adapter and the regular Pioneer cable that came with my nav.

w000t!!!

I got a f700 pioneer cable with apple lighting adapter cant get charging to work? Can anyone else get it to? Do I need the av composite cable from apple ???

• 2 weeks later...

It is likely the issue is the Pioneer cable. Replacing it with the Apple cable will likely solve the issue.

thanks!! i should try it with a apple stock cable!

can anyone confirm that video also works? thanks in advanced! i would hate to spend another $40 just to charge and then get no video...

• 2 weeks later...

just wondered if anyone had tried to go via the seemingly expensive route of...

iphone5-to-lightning-to-VGA

then

vga-to-rca

then

rca-to-jack and then insert into the jack on the pioneer cable.

backed up with

pass-through lightning-to-30pin-to-pioneer cable?

a very long winded route but would seem to do what we need?

just got apples lighting adapter as it seemed everyone didnt have problems getting audio to work, I have F90bt and it wont work, reads as if accessorie is connected and it also charges but wont play or register on the f90bt. using the cable that came with the unit that worked just fine with my previous iphones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got the official apple adapter and my f700bt is refusing to register that an iPod is connected. It will charge and I can listen to music by switching to av1 but I can't switch to the iPod on the av sources screen. I'm not sure what else to try, after reading this thread I figured it would work. I have the official apple av cable as well. Maybe I need to update the avic fw?