Iphone 5 Cable?

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 slugo10

slugo10
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

Anyone know if or when Pioneer is going to come out with a new cable to connect the new plug on the Iphone 5? I know Apple has an adaptor but a complete new plug would be alot better!

#2 ma_ttcald

ma_ttcald

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Too early to speculate.

#3 qitupx

qitupx
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

I don't think the adapter will work on the current units since it uses the 3.5 audio out? Remember, ipod out is no longer supported.

#4 ThumperPup

ThumperPup

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

im confused ipod out no longer supported ?

#5 autumnwalker

autumnwalker

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

iPod out no longer supported means that you cannot use the Pioneer deck to control your iPhone / iPod. Audio out will still work, but the deck will no longer be able to display apps, etc.

#6 Wannabe Actuary

Wannabe Actuary
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

iPod out no longer supported means that you cannot use the Pioneer deck to control your iPhone / iPod. Audio out will still work, but the deck will no longer be able to display apps, etc.

Agreed. Sadly it doesn't look like the adapter will work. As I preordered the iPhone 5, I plan on picking up an adapter in person down the line just to test it and make sure. Ultimately it does look like a new cable from pioneer will be needed. I emailed them, but they said to check back in a few weeks

#7 ma_ttcald

ma_ttcald

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

If pioneer doesn't attempt to make the the new iPhone work with the nav units then I'm going to call foul on this one.

#8 damien6669

damien6669
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

I can confirm that the apple cable and adapter do NOT work with the unit. It does not recognize the iPhone at all. It sucks out loud, albeit - very quietly.

#9 superjet

superjet

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

How can you confirm this, since the adapter isn't even available yet?

#10 ma_ttcald

ma_ttcald

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

How can you confirm this, since the adapter isn't even available yet?

x2

#11 kelkin

kelkin

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

I tried plugging my iPhone 5 directly into the USB port to see what would happen. My iPhone 4S would be detected and could be controlled using this method but of course there wouldn't be any audio. I tried it with the iPhone 5 and it's USB cable and the stereo (Avic X920BT) didn't even detect the iPhone whatsoever.. However it does charge it. I get a bad feeling about this.. I wish I could find one of those adapters somewhere.
-Keith

#12 superjet

superjet

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

I had a buddy plug a iPhone 5 into the USB port on a x940 at Best Buy. Album art and control was there, just no audio of course.

#13 StringFellow

StringFellow
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

I had a buddy plug a iPhone 5 into the USB port on a x940 at Best Buy. Album art and control was there, just no audio of course.

What about this....

1. Connect the iphone 5 to the USB port on the X940? (this would give you control and album art)
2. Then using an audio cable between the headphone jack on the iphone and the x940? (this would give you audio????)

Just a thought.....

#14 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

What about this....

1. Connect the iphone 5 to the USB port on the X940? (this would give you control and album art)
2. Then using an audio cable between the headphone jack on the iphone and the x940? (this would give you audio????)

Just a thought.....

Well that should work, that is if what the superjet reports is accurate. Everyone else has reported that it doesn't even recognize that the phone is connected.

@superjet: Did you see this for yourself or are you relying on your buddy from Best Buy second hand?

2010 SCION TC, iPhone 5, SPH-DA100 APPRADIO 2, APPRADIO EXTENSIONS, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 3SIXTY.2 PROCESSOR, POLK DXI 6500 COMPONENTS IN FRONT, JL AUDIO SEALED POWER WEDGE 12" SUB, SMITH & WESSON.

#15 superjet

superjet

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

I did not see it in person. My phone will not be in for a few weeks, hopefully the same time this adapter comes out.
However, he did test single din CD decks also that just use USB input and they worked. Really, anyone with an iPhone 5 should be able to go into a Best Buy and try it on an A/V unit to confirm. They have front USB and mini input. I would suggest anyone doing this to do a soft reset first (press and hold power and home button for 15 seconds)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users