AVIC411.com

Iphone 5 Cable?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I have a z130bt and have a similar setup where I have a female USB input.

Plugging my iPhone 5 into the female usb with the lightning connector, I still get no recognition that there is an iPod (though it does charge), so the 30pin->lighting converter will be the only hope here unless pioneer releases a firmware update to remedy this.

Well that should work, that is if what the superjet reports is accurate. Everyone else has reported that it doesn't even recognize that the phone is connected.

@superjet: Did you see this for yourself or are you relying on your buddy from Best Buy second hand?

Yeah, I unplugged my PIO/USB-50V from the USB cable and plugged my iPhone 5's cable into the USB port and it didn't even recognize my phone. I wish I could get my hands on an adapter to at least try it... if it won't work, I'm just going to return my iPhone 5 and go back to the 4S.

-Keith

I have an interesting update! On closer observation, the deck DOES detect the iPhone 5. When I plug it in using the supplied USB cable the Pandora icon appears but the iPod icon does not. After maybe 20 seconds a message flashes briefly saying "Authorization failure - iPod not connected", then a moment later the message AND pandora icon disappear.

I remember I had that problem last year at one point but can't remember what caused it, I think it was during the iOS 4 beta.

Mine does this as well, I suspect a firmware update on the pioneer side will be required to fix this. Not necessarily a cable.

Out of curiosity is your unit running the new 4.0 firmware? From the 2012 update? There's a chance they made some updates on the backend that could help.

Guys a firmware update is not going to fix this and the adapter likely wont either. For the adapter to work it would have to have a D/A converter and I highly doubt it has one. This is likely going to require a hardware solution internal to the unit and thats not going to happen with these units. We certainly will know more when the adapters are released but don't get your hopes up.

I'm not sure that's necessarily true. When you plug the phone in, the unit sees 'a device' initially, it just doesn't see the ipod or pandora application that runs on it. The fact that it throws the error 'ipod not authorized' leads me to believe it sees the device but not the application, which a firmware update could potentially fix. I agree however, that the adaptor likely won't do much.

Guys a firmware update is not going to fix this and the adapter likely wont either. For the adapter to work it would have to have a D/A converter and I highly doubt it has one. This is likely going to require a hardware solution internal to the unit and thats not going to happen with these units. We certainly will know more when the adapters are released but don't get your hopes up.

Oh a firmware change could allow the unit to see the phone through USB alright, thats not the issue. Getting digital audio into the unit when there is no hardware to support it is the problem and that is where there will likely be no solution for these units.