AVIC411.com

Iphone 5 Cable?

Maybe you guys can help me out. I'm very much considering ditching the AppRadio right now. Partly because of the iPhone 5 cable issue and partly because its been a tenuous relationship from the beginning.

As I understand it, the x series (been looking at the 940) has also be impacted by this. My assumption is that "advanced app mode" has been lost as it uses a cable similar to the AppRadio, but that all other functions remaining operational. Does this include the ability to play iPod/iPhone through USB?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you guys can help me out. I'm very much considering ditching the AppRadio right now. Partly because of the iPhone 5 cable issue and partly because its been a tenuous relationship from the beginning.

As I understand it, the x series (been looking at the 940) has also be impacted by this. My assumption is that "advanced app mode" has been lost as it uses a cable similar to the AppRadio, but that all other functions remaining operational. Does this include the ability to play iPod/iPhone through USB?

Until the adapter comes out no one knows what functionality if any will exist or not exist

-Keith

Oh, I get that. What I'm after is what exists now (as compared to my AppRadio, which is nothing).

The X/Z series has the same issues, nothing works right now. The only Pioneer unit that works with the i5 is the AVH series of units and that is for audio only. No video and no app support.

I ordered the Cable Jive Dockboss+. Should have it any day. I imagine this should work.

http://www.cablejive...hone-5-Kit.html

analog and digital.

Thoughts anyone? I will post my findings.

Jr.

So, for the same price as the apple lightning to 30 pin adapter ($10 cheaper than the cable version of the adapter), this method proposes to do essentially the same thing, but with two cables (one of which is a male to male 3.5 mm cable that may or may not fit through case openings).

I think I'll try my luck with the apple adapter for a 1 cable approach and still hold out hope for a new cable from pioneer that will even allow video. Given that apple has announced lightning to hdmi and lightning to VGA adapters, the lightning dock itself CAN do video...so perhaps so adapter/cable can give us full functionality. I just don't expect it anytime soon....

For the record, X930BT is what I have with the iPod cable

So, for the same price as the apple lightning to 30 pin adapter ($10 cheaper than the cable version of the adapter), this method proposes to do essentially the same thing, but with two cables (one of which is a male to male 3.5 mm cable that may or may not fit through case openings).

I think I'll try my luck with the apple adapter for a 1 cable approach and still hold out hope for a new cable from pioneer that will even allow video. Given that apple has announced lightning to hdmi and lightning to VGA adapters, the lightning dock itself CAN do video...so perhaps so adapter/cable can give us full functionality. I just don't expect it anytime soon....

For the record, X930BT is what I have with the iPod cable

I'm curious if the stereo will "see" the iphone and allow you to see the music, play lists, and control it..