AVIC411.com

Iphone 5 Cable?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iPod out no longer supported means that you cannot use the Pioneer deck to control your iPhone / iPod. Audio out will still work, but the deck will no longer be able to display apps, etc.

Agreed. Sadly it doesn't look like the adapter will work. As I preordered the iPhone 5, I plan on picking up an adapter in person down the line just to test it and make sure. Ultimately it does look like a new cable from pioneer will be needed. I emailed them, but they said to check back in a few weeks

I tried plugging my iPhone 5 directly into the USB port to see what would happen. My iPhone 4S would be detected and could be controlled using this method but of course there wouldn't be any audio. I tried it with the iPhone 5 and it's USB cable and the stereo (Avic X920BT) didn't even detect the iPhone whatsoever.. However it does charge it. I get a bad feeling about this.. I wish I could find one of those adapters somewhere.

-Keith

I had a buddy plug a iPhone 5 into the USB port on a x940 at Best Buy. Album art and control was there, just no audio of course.

What about this....

1. Connect the iphone 5 to the USB port on the X940? (this would give you control and album art)

2. Then using an audio cable between the headphone jack on the iphone and the x940? (this would give you audio????)

Just a thought.....

What about this....

1. Connect the iphone 5 to the USB port on the X940? (this would give you control and album art)

2. Then using an audio cable between the headphone jack on the iphone and the x940? (this would give you audio????)

Just a thought.....

Well that should work, that is if what the superjet reports is accurate. Everyone else has reported that it doesn't even recognize that the phone is connected.

@superjet: Did you see this for yourself or are you relying on your buddy from Best Buy second hand?

I did not see it in person. My phone will not be in for a few weeks, hopefully the same time this adapter comes out.

However, he did test single din CD decks also that just use USB input and they worked. Really, anyone with an iPhone 5 should be able to go into a Best Buy and try it on an A/V unit to confirm. They have front USB and mini input. I would suggest anyone doing this to do a soft reset first (press and hold power and home button for 15 seconds)