AVIC411.com

Iphone 5 Cable?

The official Apple adapter should fix the issue, we just have to wait for it. Their adapter has a DAC in it, so we should be able to do everything other than video with it.

I doubt the adapter is going to fix the issue, the unit should be recognizing the phone without the adapter and be able to control it sans audio.

In any event I just noticed a bad pixel on my screen so I'm going to exchange it tomorrow.. if not just return it.. the benefits don't outweigh the negatives for what I paid.

-Keith

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this not true?

From what we currently understand, the iPhone 5, with the 30 pin adapter and the current cable from pioneer:

Will support audio iPod output.

Will support audio out apps (like Pandora)

Might support controls (thumb up, thumb down, next, etc)

Will NOT support video iPod, video app, or Enhanced App Radio functions.

Without the 30 pin adapter, (using the included USB cable) all you can do is charge the phone.

This was posted by pioneer in the blog section.

Is this not true?

From what we currently understand, the iPhone 5, with the 30 pin adapter and the current cable from pioneer:

Without the 30 pin adapter, (using the included USB cable) all you can do is charge the phone.

No one will know anything for sure until the adapter is released.

Is this not true?

Do you have a link to that? I'm trying to find it, it's interesting since when I called Pioneer they said they had no knowledge or official standing on the matter. I'm hoping what they posted is accurate.

-Keith

He often has inside info that no one else here does but again, no one knows anything until the items are in hand to test. And taking Pioneer's word means nothing on this forum. They have been known to be wrong about things they tell people on several occasions.

I can assure you that nobody at Pioneer has an adapter to even test with, so this is all just people guessing. We won't know anything for a bit. I was told that radioshack is expecting them on Thursday, but then the apple store told me they had no ETA and it might be end of October before they show up at their stores.

If the makers of Android phones would get half-a-brain between them, develop a standard interface that includes docks, cables, chargers, etc, that third-party devices like Pioneer and Kenwood could use, then Apple would have a fight on their hands.

Why Google, Samsung, HTC etc are too stupid to realize this is completely beyond me. Can anyone explain why they have all missed the boat on this?

Can anyone explain why they have all missed the boat on this?

Because they are not Apple. And by the time they do, if they do, Apple will have an even better solution. As I said earlier in another post, this change that Apple has made sucks now but it will be better for us all in the near future.