AVIC411.com

Iphone 5 Cable?

just got back from the Apple store - it was the first time they had the complete (I think it was complete) selection of Apple brand adapters and converters to go between 30 pin and eight pin.

That being said, has anyone actually bought the Apple $29.99 converter with the included D/A circuitry and tested it with the Avic systems?

I'd love to get a new iPod Touch for the car, but losing video out would be the deal breaker.

Everything I've read here seems to be about third party adapters

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you even bother to read the whole thread? The lack of video out has nothing to do with who makes the cable. You wont get video out until someone comes up with a solution to route the video from the lightning connector to the video inputs on the unit. And even then its a maybe. The Apple Lightning to VGA is one option that may work but no one will know until someone else test it and reports back.

one of two things is gonna happen, either apple will release a lightning plug to usb AND composite video out only if the signal is actually sent through the lightning plug, and once apple makes it, everybody else can)

or what signals are sent through the plug are not compatible and the next generation of avic(hopefully the next generation) will address this issue, and unless you are willing to replace your nav system, you will be screwed

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so if this is the best that Apple is coming up with, I guess that analog video is dead forever in their eyes?

http://store.apple.c...dapter?fnode=3a

http://store.apple.c...dapter?fnode=3a

any idea on if anyone has made either of these somehow adapt to be used with the X920 - 930 series for analog video?

looks like far too many cables and connectors are going to be needed.....

also...apparently...any i-devices with the 30-pin connector that have been updated to iOS6, analog video out has been disabled. Anyone have that problem?

also...apparently...any i-devices with the 30-pin connector that have been updated to iOS6, analog video out has been disabled. Anyone have that problem?

I dont think so. Iphone 4 upgraded to ios 6, and advanced appmode still worked on x930 - I believe the advanced appmode requires video out inorder to function (display on the screen).

I dont think so. Iphone 4 upgraded to ios 6, and advanced appmode still worked on x930 - I believe the advanced appmode requires video out inorder to function (display on the screen).

thanks - ihave since found out that certain apps have had their video out disabled, but it's on an app-to-app basis

I guess that analog video is dead forever in their eyes?
Well VGA is an analog video signal, not digital, so while this is not the right signal that we need, it is at least a good sign that video being outputted from the unit is not dead. if the units are outputting VGA, then composite video output is not that far off, its probably now just a waiting game until the correct adapter comes out, because VGA can be converted to component, and component is just a more broken down version of composite. there is still hope!

however it is also likely that we will see newer systems that work with the newer hardware before we see the right adapters.

Well VGA is an analog video signal, not digital, so while this is not the right signal that we need, it is at least a good sign that video being outputted from the unit is not dead. if the units are outputting VGA, then composite video output is not that far off, its probably now just a waiting game until the correct adapter comes out, because VGA can be converted to component, and component is just a more broken down version of composite. there is still hope!

however it is also likely that we will see newer systems that work with the newer hardware before we see the right adapters.

Are they outputting analog video, or converting down to analog do you think? also, wouldn't it be more likely there was an HDMI to 30 pin that was made aftermarket, or does HDMI need a power source

Are they outputting analog video

if they have a VGA adapter that outputs video, they are outputting analog also

or converting down to analog do you think?
you cant convert any type of digital signal to any type of analog signal with out some form of processing or device doing the conversion which a simple adapter wont have

wouldn't it be more likely there was an HDMI to 30 pin that was made aftermarket, or does HDMI need a power source

HDMI to 30 pin (old ipod to new TV) would be useful for anybody that needs something like that but it all comes down to what build their devices to do, and since they dont like sharing a lot of their information, we can only wait to find out what they can or will make

as with every bootleg thing shipped from china, I'm sure there are a couple that will work, but most will be broke before it ships (or shortly after being put in)

I'd love to bag a new iTouch for the x920, but losing video-out is out of the question...I wish they'd just get this corrected.... lol