AVIC411.com

Iphone 5 Cable?

I just bought a car that has a 930 in it. Really loving it but I have an iphone 5. I am using a 30 pin to lightning to use Pandora and what not. But I want to be able to do video....

With this setup let me do video?

Pioneer CDIH202 AppRadio Mode HDMI Interface Cable Kit For iPhone 5

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CDIH202-AppRadio-Interface-iPhone/product-reviews/B00BHWWZ2G/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Along with:

Lightning Digital AV Adapter

Lightning to USB Cable

Thank you in advance! 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link below is what you will need. The manual states that it is only compatible with the 940 and above but you can purchase the 940 upgrade for the 930 which should allow you to use this adapter. Otherwise there will be no i5 compatibility for the 130/930.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/iPod-and-iPhone-Cables/CD-IV202NAVI

The link below is what you will need. The manual states that it is only compatible with the 940 and above but you can purchase the 940 upgrade for the 930 which should allow you to use this adapter. Otherwise there will be no i5 compatibility for the 130/930.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/iPod-and-iPhone-Cables/CD-IV202NAVI

Thank you! Any idea when the cable will be released?

Also when you say upgrade you mean to the firmware 1.5.5.1, correct?

Thank you! Any idea when the cable will be released?

well now that the new models are out, and based off of pioneers past track record, I would never expect them to release a part to make a two year old system work with brand new technology, pioneer would much rather sell you a new nav system.

that and pioneer is probably putting 100% of their efforts in to designing next years systems so that by the time there are ready to be released, they will be 90% bug free!

• 2 months later...

I have been searching through these forums and am still a littled confused as to exactly what I should purchase for my 920x......I have the apple connect pioneer wire hooked up to my old ipod directly from the back of the deck but I would like to utilize my iphone 5 with it as well now mainly just for the "pandora" and "phone charging" capability but I would still like to use my old ipod (with the old connection 30pin I believe) as well and just occasionally the iphone 5 for pandora.  So what would you recomend I buy? and where?  Will I still have Pandora touch screen features.  I'm hoping for just a "connect" right to my old wire where I can just clip it on and use my iphone 5 and then just disconnect it when I want to use my old ipod.  Thanks for the reply!

I'm hoping for just a "connect" right to my old wire where I can just clip it on and use my iphone 5 and then just disconnect it when I want to use my old ipod.  Thanks for the reply!

have you tried the lightning adapter yet?

have you tried the lightning adapter yet?

No I have not (Have you tried it or anyone else?)  but I guess that is really my question though, I want to try this adapter but will it still allow me to use the "pandora" interface with the iphone 5??  AND will it charge my phone??   If so then I will definelty purcahse it, video I believe I heard doesnt work I think but that is not a big deal to me as long as I can use pandora and it charges my phone.

Hi all, been six months or so ago when last I was trying to see status of iPhone 5 connectivity solution for the AVIC-X940BT.  Have gone through a lot of board posts looking... thought it best to ask on the end of this thread (you folks seem to be better on your game.)

VBLUE42, in one of your earlier posts in this thread, I thought you were saying something about a 940 solution, and you posted a link - but it doesn't appear to be working now (think it was http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/iPod-and-iPhone-Cables/CD-IV202NAVI ).

When I went hunting with that info back to the Pioneer site, they show that  the CD-IV202NAVI is the iPhone 5 solution for, and compatible with the AVIC-X850BT.

Are you saying that this cabling / connector solution (the CD-IV202NAVI) is also my solution for my 940BT?

I'm more than happy to find a local smart car stereo Pioneer Navi guy to hook me up with this - just didn't want to pull the trigger until I had pretty good confirmation that this will work.

(The word "work" in this context is to raise my present $1000 big screen AM/FM car radio to the iPhone connected car audio system that I had been promised when I was hoodwinked by the idiot teen at the BestBuy who didn't know what the f*ck he was talking about... Buyer beware - my own fault. Nuff said.)

Lot of great info here - chewed up lots of lunch hours learning what NOT to do. Keep up the great work.

Respectfully,

Bob W

Bristol RI, US

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, been six months or so ago when last I was trying to see status of iPhone 5 connectivity solution for the AVIC-X940BT.  Have gone through a lot of board posts looking... thought it best to ask on the end of this thread (you folks seem to be better on your game.)

VBLUE42, in one of your earlier posts in this thread, I thought you were saying something about a 940 solution, and you posted a link - but it doesn't appear to be working now (think it was http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/iPod-and-iPhone-Cables/CD-IV202NAVI ).

When I went hunting with that info back to the Pioneer site, they show that  the CD-IV202NAVI is the iPhone 5 solution for, and compatible with the AVIC-X850BT.

Are you saying that this cabling / connector solution (the CD-IV202NAVI) is also my solution for my 940BT?

I'm more than happy to find a local smart car stereo Pioneer Navi guy to hook me up with this - just didn't want to pull the trigger until I had pretty good confirmation that this will work.

(The word "work" in this context is to raise my present $1000 big screen AM/FM car radio to the iPhone connected car audio system that I had been promised when I was hoodwinked by the idiot teen at the BestBuy who didn't know what the f*ck he was talking about... Buyer beware - my own fault. Nuff said.)

Lot of great info here - chewed up lots of lunch hours learning what NOT to do. Keep up the great work.

Respectfully,

Bob W

Bristol RI, US

The problem is Pioneer has not release the software that works with this hardware. I have called every month and every month they say.. It will be out next month! Ugh..

• 4 weeks later...

What a nightmare all of this is! You need to buy a new $75-100 cable to then have to buy 2 apple adapters for another $100 total to make a $200 phone do the things it's supposed to be able to do on a $1000 stereo. Thanks Pioneer, and Apple. Well, the bright side is when I'm living in my car, I can still watch movies.