AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

Hi Guys,

Just to be clear, does this upgrade only work if you have upgraded from CNSD-210FM or on a z130bt/x930bt? For example, can one go directly from Z120bt stock to Z140 using the hack described in this post?

Thanks in advance.

To answer my own question, yes one can go directly from Z120bt directly to the CNSD-210FM to get to a z140bt. The only change was to replace the CARDINFO file with the one found in post #12. Update went well, took about 20 min.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I do the upgrade I am curious if the VR still works on the X920 ?

If I remember correctly the X940 has no VR

Did you see post #58? There are lots of changes in features between the models. Some are subtle, some might be show-stoppers (especially if you don't really need the latest maps). No POI VR for Nav in the X940 or Z140.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-Z110BT-Z120BT-X920BT_UpgradeInstructions_NAVTEQ.pdf

BTW, a dash "-" in a column of the table on pgs 17-19 doesn't mean that feature isn't available, it just means "no change" for that group. It can be confusing.

The x920 still has VR and I haven't noticed anything missing

It also still has the issue with not being accurate when at a intersection

But I am used to dealing with that

Are you saying your VR still works for Phone, changing audio source, and iPod control.... Not NAV POI or destination address?

I just want to make sure I understand what VR still works.

Pretty easy upgrade.

Units : Z110BTs that have been upgraded twice (--> Z120BT, --> Z130BT).

Used two freshly verified/tested (using h2testw 1.4) and formatted (FAT32) SD cards (1GB, 16GB).

1 ) Extracted "RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.1" to 1GB SD card

2 ) Extracted "Modified - RenewalIFLib" (from http://avic411.com/i...de/#entry255690 ) to 1GB SD card

3 ) Inserted SD card into units

4 ) Booted up Z110BTs @ Z130BT - Condi's script executed successfully and replace the units' RenewallFLib file

5 ) Rebooted units to verify that they were still working (no problem)

6 ) Extracted contents of "Z140 Files.rar" to 16GB SD card (root contained "FIRMWARE", "Update" and "CARDINFO.cif")

7 ) Replaced CARDINFO.cif with the one from http://avic411.com/i...de/#entry255690 )

8 ) Inserted SD card into units

9 ) Update

10) DONE! :D

you forgot step 11 = beer

Heh, no worries, I didn't forget. I need to PayPal you and Condi a beer each :)

Notes :

A ) No nav VR (completely gone from the VR menu)

B ) AV Menu (especially for the iPod) scrolls smoother and seems more responsive than before (Z110BT @ Z130BT)

C ) POI results are now listed in ascending distance order (I always had to hit "Sort" twice to get it to list the closest ones first in all previous nav software versions)

Are you saying your VR still works for Phone, changing audio source, and iPod control.... Not NAV POI or destination address?

I just want to make sure I understand what VR still works.

VR still works for calling and music

However VR for nav is gone

Not sure about IPod control as the IPhone currently doesn't work with the AVIC

One thing I wish they would have included was the ability to enter a zip or postal code

That feature was in my old F700 and it was great for entering a address

same question for me..... I have a "virgin" Z110BT. nothing has been ever updated on this unit. It's been sitting in my garage for a while and I want to install it in my truck. I want to update it to the Z140BH software. From what I understand from reading this thread, I have to first update to the cracked z120 software, then do this Z140BH procedure? Am I going to get all the same functions on my Z110 as the new Z140 has? or is the actual hardware of the Z140 different?

also, is it worth updating to the Z140 software? Or should I just go to the Z130 version and retain the VC feature?

Not sure about IPod control as the IPhone currently doesn't work with the AVIC

iPod voice control still works just fine. Without it, navigating my iPod Classic 160GB would be very, very painful.

also, is it worth updating to the Z140 software? Or should I just go to the Z130 version and retain the VC feature?

To be honest, the voice recognition for nav was always kind of "meh" for me (across all software releases - Z110BT, Z120BT, Z130BT) so I don't think I'll miss it much, eg. I'll ask it for the nearest Fry's Electronics, and it'll give me directions to Bone Daddy's (not that I'm complaining :P )

I post this in the event anyone with a native z130 was as confused as I was after getting to page 10 of this thread and is experiencing issues trying to upgrade.

I read the entire thread several times but still had some issues. I believe I got confused with the different Condi Hackmode/testmode versions/stuff. This is what I did:

I initially attempted to use the Condi Hack v2.0 by installing it on a card separate from the z140 files. This gave me a RED SCREEN which I hoped was normal. When I installed the z140 CD card it recognized the update and asked for a password. It wouldn't take the password. So I figured the RED SCREEN meant something didn't work right.

Then, I did the following and it seems to work. I have two SD cards; one for the Hackmode/Testmode stuff and one for the z140 files

SD CARD 1 - Testmode Files

1. On SD card 1 I put the contents of "RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.1" in the root.

2. I then put the contents of "Modified - RenewalIFLib" (which is just a .dll file) in the root as well.

SD CARD 2

3. Installed the extracted files from the z140 upgrade to the root of the card. I changed nothing.

I then:

4. Installed SD CARD 1 to the z130 and got a "Success!" message. The .dll file copied successfully.

5. Installed SD CARD 2 to the z130. It recognized the update and asked for the password. This time it took the 16 digit password and the update started. It read: UPDATING... Time Left: 22min

At the end of 22min it did another install (as mentioned) that took less than a minute.

6. Unit rebooted and everything looked good. I had to go back through setup.

7. Navigated to bluetooth setup and selected upgrade firmware. Current version was 3.22. It upgraded to 3.24 and it took about 5 minutes.