AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwiw, and for anyone intersted.

I have sucesfully used this update on my Z120.

I started with a Z120 with the CNSD-210FM/UC patch (>130). First, I ran the "RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.1", did a reboot, then put in the SD card with the CNSD-310FM/UC update using the "CARDINFO from CNSD-210FM" file in place of the included in teh upgrade rar. Eveything worked flawlessly.

Thanks to all you brilliant minds that made this all possible. :)

xplosive - you can only try

I have not tried it, but knowing what i know about these series, i dont think it will hurt. With one caveat:

The patched version floating around here is a bit newer, and I'm not sure if it's binary compatible with the earlier version of software. So this means that:

1. use testmode to manually backup your existing, RenewalIFLib.dll. Then deploy the new one floating around here via autoinstaller.

2. If that doesn't work, and the unit doesnt do accept any keycode, then that probably means you need to manually patch your original RenewalIFLib.dll (like in the first thread), and then you can use the autoinstaller script to redeploy that one.

I have asked Condi to see if he can automate that first step in his RenewalIFLib auto replacer script.

again, does anyone know if I can go straight from the Z110 to the Z140 software? or do I have to go to 130 first?

For a "virgin" Z110 or Z120 (or a Z110 w/CNSD-110FM), you should be able to just install the well known ShortFuse hacked files to the Pioneer patch release (1.001 or 2.001), then install any of the upgrades (CNSD-110FM, CNSD-210FM or CNSD-310FM). See those message threads for instructions and the Shortfuse files.

The older Shortfuse hack method overwrote RenewalIFLib.dll with the hacked version (basically same as now) and a patched EUR090APL.VER, which just updates the software version number so the installation will overwrite the existing major version. It is important to get the correct Pioneer update (from Pioneer website or links in the message thread)to match the application version that is currently on your HU, and the correct ShortFuse patched files. All this info has been available here for ages.

Once the hacked files are installed (technically, only RenewalIFLib.dll matters), you should be able to upgrade to any higher firmware version using a 16 char (alpha) password.

I have a x920bt and have tried and tried to get this to work. I've even went and bought some new SD cards thinking mine were bad. Here is where I am. I run the Renewal auto installer. Screen gives message it succeeded and reboots. Once it reboots, it hangs on the Pioneer splash screen and never boots beyond. I've tried to have the map sd in place, but it never detects it. I've ran the Renewal auto installer several times to no avail. I'm now stuck with my x920bt not working at all. What should I try? Testmode manual installation?

I have a x920bt and have tried and tried to get this to work. I've even went and bought some new SD cards thinking mine were bad. Here is where I am. I run the Renewal auto installer. Screen gives message it succeeded and reboots. Once it reboots, it hangs on the Pioneer splash screen and never boots beyond. I've tried to have the map sd in place, but it never detects it. I've ran the Renewal auto installer several times to no avail. I'm now stuck with my x920bt not working at all. What should I try? Testmode manual installation?

Did you use v1.1 of the auto installer, RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.1?

Did you place the correct RenewalIFLib.dll file on the SD root with RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.1?