AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new method should not brick it. Either it will just work and do the upgrade, or do nothing at all and you will have to follow original method.

Pionara everything worked perfect used the fix you provided only had to change out was the one file."If your unit does not prompt for upgrade when you put the sd card in the unit, then you may need a different CARDINFO.CIF file in the root of the SD card to get the unit to recognize the upgrade. (identityexpired reported that he had to use the cardinfo.cif from CNSD-210FM update in order to get his Z130BT to recognize the update, see post #12)."

Z110-BT that made its way to Z130-BT format and now updated to the latest.

i found a super simple method to update. I updated first post.. need some folks that havent updated yet to test and let me know if it works without hacks, dlls, password, testmode, etc etc

I want the updated maps, but don't want to give up voice control of navigation, otherwise I'd be all over this. Thanks for the hard work!

did this update with success on a z130bt

1. unzipped update directly to sd card that was formatted fat32

2. copied the new verinfo.dat file

3. popped the card in and the update started immediately

note: at first i did copy the cardinfo file from the CNSD-210FM update. but that did not do anything at all. so i used the one from the original update zip and it worked like a charm.

i had to download the appradio app to get appradio mode working.

it's ok i guess. i think it just mirrors certain compatible (native and 3rd party) apps out on the video display.

What would be cool if pioneer would release the specs on how to make your app appradio compatible.

What appradio app are you referring to? Is it Pioneer Appradio app for Android or Iphone?

I am asking this since Pioneer claims that the Android app is for Pioneer SPH-DA01, which is not the same as AVIC-X920 or AVIC-Z110, etc.

What is appradio mode? Is it the screen where Pioneer GUI has icons/shortcuts listed vertically on the left?

I upgraded my X920BT to 4.0.0.1 (system) and 3.24 (bluetooth), but I see no AHA or Pandora icons/ anywhere on its GUI.

Should they appear right after booting up? Or only after Pioneer pairs with the phone that run AHA radio or Pandora apps?

I am asking as I am trying to understand why I don't see those icons on Pioneer screen.

Thanks

What works? Android AppRadio???? What apps? Or just the built-in Pandora and AHA?

What works for me:

AHA Radio and Pandora can now be controlled directly from my Pioneer AVIC-x920BT. This happened as soon as I changed the appradio mode (on Pioneer) from wired to Bluetooth.

The appradio app that Pionara referred to (I guess) is an Apple Store App that can be used for Pioneer integration. However I am not too sure how that works, as I don't use iPhone.

The Pioneer Appradio App for Android is made specifically for Pioneer SPH-DA01 or similar units, and therefore does not apply for Pioneer AVIC-X920BT.