AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great post. I just upgraded my x920BT from the original software shipped with the radio using the super easy method at the beginning of this post. The upgrade worked flawlessly. After installing though I went to install the pioneer app on my phone only to find out the app doesn't work on the Samsung Galaxy S3 yet. So I haven't been able to test that but everything else is working great!

I messed up my Bluetooth during this. The firmware shows up as blank. Does anyone know where I can get the update file? Thanks!

the new bt firmware is part of this update in the FIRMWARE folder.

Just do a cold-reset of your unit. Remove all power, i.e., pull radio fuse and/or disconnect BUP (yellow) and ACC (red) power for at least 30 seconds.

Say I've already finished this how do I get the updater to try again? I somehow managed to do this:

Platform version: 4.000

Application version: 4.010

Version: 4.000

Bluetooth firmware version: _____

I'm hoping if I can get the updater to run I'll be able to fix my bluetooth problem.

Thanks,

Alfa

I'm hoping if I can get the updater to run I'll be able to fix my bluetooth problem.

no - you dont run the updater again. You upgrade the bluetooth from settings, bluetooth settings, firmware menu. But if you don't see current firmware version, do cold-reset like i mentioned earlier

no - you dont run the updater again. You upgrade the bluetooth from settings, bluetooth settings, firmware menu. But if you don't see current firmware version, do cold-reset like i mentioned earlier

I don't know how I missed your post! I'll try that in the morning and report back. I don;t really know how I got 4.0 on this thing. I installed HACKMODE and it messed my av.exe up. I read somewhere to copy a all the of files from the "AVICZ110" folder into the PRG0 folder. So I think that "updated" half of my nav and the other half was not updated.

Just ran the updater now. Everything looks good. Should I still do the cold reset?

One question: What's the difference between PRG0 and PRG1? I noticed somewhere someone said (for another tutorial) to delete PRG1. Is that just where the new update is installed?

Thanks!

Ok,

Just updated, everything went as smooth as ever. Only thing is Blutooth version showing 3.1.1 and the Firmware Update button not lit up to press and update. Is there another step to do. I left SD card in when it reboot it said begin update, I said no and went into blutooth settings. Any advice