AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

I just re-formatted the SD and tried without luck. tried all forms of copy and unzip with no luck. Could not get it to pick up my usb drive...not sure what to do there. I've literally run out of options that I know what to do at this point. Any help is appreciated!

Did you see this? Post #261

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35230-2012-uscan-maps-cnsd-310fmuc-upgrade-updated-to-supereasymethod-beta/page__view__findpost__p__258782

Sounds like you are partially updated, so I'm not sure what will happen. But maybe you can restart your upgrade.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked that...was absolutely able to get it to boot into regular mode after deleting that file. Thanks for that! Now I at least know how to get it operational.

Update: I tried the update again with a freshly formatted SD card, still no luck. Same failure at 99%.

I started digging deeper, and checking into the old method, I opened my original RenewallFLib.dll in a hex editor and it hadn't been edited by autoreplace. I manually edited it and am going to shoot it over again now and retry the update to see if that maybe fixes it. Will get back to you shortly

Ok did that and was getting a "Program Start Error" on startup....wouldn't recognize SD cards again. Reloaded the original RenewallFLib.dll from PRG1 and it boots fine now. Getting a 2012 splash screen, but everything else is still on the old 3.0 firmware, and says version 3.0001. Not sure what else to do here...I've done all I know how. Is it possible that somehow both versions of the update I downloaded were corrupted somehow? I compared the MD5s and they are identical...but that's really the only thing I have left to check?

Update: Was able to manually edit and successfully copy the modified RenewallFLib.dll over to the unit, and it accepted it, and still functions. Put the update SD card in and it recognized it. Update failed. I quit....

I've never had an issue with the great work posted here, and have been successful in upgrading my 110 to 120 then to 130. However tonight I'm at a loss. I believe I'm successful in upgrading to 140, but I'm stuck in a bootloop of sorts. I first did Condi's RenewallFLib loader, that went off without a hitch. Next I did the upgrade, and all went well getting to 100% and a reboot. The unit warned me it was doing the update. A few minutes later it restarted and I was presented with the language screen, but then the unit immediately rebooted back to my custom boot screen. After that, I saw the language screen again, then another reboot. I was able to select English as my language, then you guessed it, another reboot. I could then select the English voice, then another reboot. If I'm fast enough, I can get into the map, settings etc, but then it just reboots itself again. I reread the instructions, realized I hadn't replaced the VERINFO.DAT file, so did that and tried again. Unfortunately I'm still stuck in the bootloop. I searched for restart/reboot and didn't see that anyone else had posted this issue. Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?

First thing I'd try is a cold boot - disconnecting the battery.

Well a quick battery pull did nothing. Of course the units internal memory retained all the settings and it's still stuck in a bootloop. I did manage to get into the settings menu and reset to factory defaults, but that didn't help. I was also able to get to XM and can verify that works, and when it reboots I loose audio for just about a second before it comes back on. So it's not like it's fully shutting down. I'll try disconnecting the battery for a longer period, but I have a feeling that's not going to make any difference. Any other idea's?

Is it stable in TestMode? If so,it is an application/system software problem (which is likely since it happened after the upgrade). I'd try copying the \USR\PRGx and System directories off of the upgrade SD (or makbe extract the RAR again and us a different SD). The TestMode interface is kinda tricky - and you might want to back up \USER and \System first.

Actually, pionara is the guy you want here. Haven't seen him posting in a while. You might PM him. He may know if there is a log file that shows what's failing.

Is it stable in TestMode? If so,it is an application/system software problem (which is likely since it happened after the upgrade). I'd try copying the \USR\PRGx and System directories off of the upgrade SD (or makbe extract the RAR again and us a different SD). The TestMode interface is kinda tricky - and you might want to back up \USER and \System first.

Actually, pionara is the guy you want here. Haven't seen him posting in a while. You might PM him. He may know if there is a log file that shows what's failing.

I didn't do anything with TestMode, was I supposed to? I thought following pionara's supereasy method bypassed using TestMode. I ran Condi's automatic RenewallFLib installer, then did the upgrade. Last night I tried reinstalling the upgrade twice and it's stable during that. I just reformated my card and reloaded the files to give it another go.

UPDATE: Well much to my surprise (and relief), doing a longer battery pull fixed the issue. It's no longer stuck in bootloop and I was able to successfully update the BT firmware and everything seems to be working great now. Thanks to everyone that made the upgrade possible and RonS for helping me out :mrgreen:

Just did it on my X930BT without a single hiccup :)

Downloaded the update via torrent and unzipped it's contents into a folder. Downloaded the updated VERINFO.DAT file and put it in the \Update directory of the unzipped files, replacing the previous file in the folder. Then placed the 3 files on the SD car; FIRMWARE folder, Update folder, and CARDINFO.cif

Powered the unit up, popped in the SD card, and within about 5 seconds it picked it up and asked to start the update.

IMAG1597.jpg

That update process took about 20 minutes

IMAG1587.jpg

Once that's done the unit reboots and finishes updating

IMAG1592.jpg

After that, you're greeted with language setup options

IMAG1594.jpg

IMAG1595.jpg

Once that's done, the update is complete!

By the way, if you're using a custom start up splash screen (as I am), you will not see any 2012 Pioneer splash screen for confirmation, because you're custom one is still going to show, so don't freak out when that doesn't show up upon the unit rebooting, lol.

After you go through the language setup, it's going to ask to do the update again. If you don't want to sit there for another 20 minutes, hit no...

IMAG1597.jpg

To update the bluetooth firmware, go into your settings menu

IMAG1598.jpg

Go into the bluetooth settings menu, and scroll to the bottom where you'll find the firmware update option

IMAG1599.jpg

Press it and it'll show you your current firmware and under that will be the option to update it

IMAG1600.jpg

Once that's pressed, you're prompted with one more confirmation of the update showing you version info of what you're currently running and what's going to be installed

IMAG1601.jpg

Hit yes and wait for it to update; takes about 3 or 4 minutes to complete

IMAG1602.jpg

IMAG1603.jpg

Once that's done, you'll have the new app connection option for bluetooth or wired connection :)

IMAG1604.jpg

IMAG1605.jpg

Pair to your Android phone (which you will have to do over again since you updated the bluetooth firmware which erased any stored phones) and you'll get a new list of options in you sources!

IMAG1607.jpg

And for final proof of the successful update :D

IMAG1606.jpg

Thanks for all the info and help everyone has given; this forum rocks!

What do you mean by keep bluetooth on?? prior to updating...