AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ermmm... Still on that screen...

you have someting wrong on your card. That screen should not come up.

I just updated mine this afternoon following the steps in post 1 to a T and everything worked without a hitch.

Go back and try again.

remember, you only need one card and the card only needs Cardinfo.cif, Update folder, and firmware folder... nothing else.

just use the correct version of the cardinfo.cif (since it appears you are using a z110) and replace the verinfo.dat with the updated version (this can be found in the update folder)

all you need is in post 1 and I can understand your frustration, I dont tinker with these things like others so I have to read, re-read, and read again before it all clicks.

best of luck.

I figured it out, I just pulled the sd card, rebooted it and put In the card with the firmware. Went great. So what is that dll for in the picture? Bc when I downloaded the torrent it said I had to do 2 sd cards, 1 with the DLL, and 1 with the actual update. In post #1 it said to download the torrent I downloaded so I know it's right.

I have a z130 so I used the original cardinfo file that came with it also.

Just did it on my X930BT without a single hiccup :)

Downloaded the update via torrent and unzipped it's contents into a folder. Downloaded the updated VERINFO.DAT file and put it in the \Update directory of the unzipped files, replacing the previous file in the folder. Then placed the 3 files on the SD car; FIRMWARE folder, Update folder, and CARDINFO.cif

Powered the unit up, popped in the SD card, and within about 5 seconds it picked it up and asked to start the update.

Thanks for all the info and help everyone has given; this forum rocks!

Thanks for this bruh. Update went pretty smoothly. This is what a community is all about.

Hey guys thanks for this i just updated my x930bt and it worked flawlessly.

Im having one issue, i cannot use Pandora or Aha radio over bluetooth. I keep getting this error below even after i press connect.

My phone is connnected and i can stream audio over bluetooth but cant use these two apps. I have an iPhone 5 please help

post-73371-0-46474800-1357533677_thumb.jpg

Hey guys thanks for this i just updated my x930bt and it worked flawlessly.

Im having one issue, i cannot use Pandora or Aha radio over bluetooth. I keep getting this error below even after i press connect.

My phone is connnected and i can stream audio over bluetooth but cant use these two apps. I have an iPhone 5 please help

If you want to use BT for Pandora/Aha on your iPhone (or any smartphone), you have to set Settings/AV System Settings/App Connection to BlueTooth. Otherwise it assumes you are using a wired iPhone connection.

Update: according to the Z140 manual, iPhones do not support the built-in Pandora support over BT. You must use "wired". See pgs 133-134 in the manual.

If you want to use BT for Pandora/Aha on your iPhone (or any smartphone), you have to set Settings/AV System Settings/App Connection to BlueTooth. Otherwise it assumes you are using a wired iPhone connection.

That was the first thing i did, set it to bluetooth. It doesnt work at all anyone else has the same experience?

That was the first thing i did, set it to bluetooth. It doesnt work at all anyone else has the same experience?

Well, most people with iPhones use the wired (iPod cable) interface. So I'm not sure if you'll get much help. I'm Android - so I can't try it.

Make sure your BT firmware (in the AVIC) was updated to 3.24. That is required to support Pandora over BT. Also make sure your iPhone software is up-to-date.

Update: Only use "wired" for Pandora or Aha on iPhones - manual pgs 133-134.

I'm gettin that dreaded error about applications not being found after trying to use hackmode 2.21 over my previous hackmode 2.2.

Adding PRG.FLG to the /USER/ directory didn't work for me, so I'm curious if I can do a fresh re-install of everything.

Can I initiate the re-installation of the files in post #1 through supertestmode?

I'm pretty stuck! :(

No backup? Figures!

FIrst backup \USER to an SD (use TestMode - I gave up on Hackmode the first time it bricked my system). That way you can undo any subsequent damage caused while attempting a repair.

What was the original model of the AVIC? I ask because if you've ever successfully installed an upgrade (like CNSD-210-FM) and still have the files for the upgrade, you can copy \Update\USER\PRG into \USER\PRG0, delete \USER\PRG.FLG (if present), and you're done.