AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thread but I am lost.

I have the Z120BT and downloaded the torrent, copied dat and other file mentioned on a 8GB SD Card, turn on the car and inserted the sd card but nothing popped up prompting me for an update, didnt even see the card. I formated the card to fat32.

Do I need to be in test mode?

I am sure this has been mentioned but I see instructions for the other models.

I have the Z120BT and downloaded the torrent, copied dat and other file mentioned on a 8GB SD Card, turn on the car and inserted the sd card but nothing popped up prompting me for an update, didnt even see the card. I formated the card to fat32.

I have to ask only because I did this by mistake myself, did you unzip the torrent or just place it onto the card immediatly after downloading? I was in a hurry and threw it on at first which gets you no where.

I have to ask only because I did this by mistake myself, did you unzip the torrent or just place it onto the card immediatly after downloading? I was in a hurry and threw it on at first which gets you no where.

Assuming that you didn't make the mistake Mike is talking about, did you follow step #3 in post #1??

To be slightly clearer: If you have an un-updated Z120 (that is - never installed Z130 CNSD-210-FM upgrade), then you need to replace CardInfo.cif (don't forget to uncompress the zip file). I am fairly certain if your Z120 has been updated with CNSD-210-FM (which effectively makes it a Z130), you should use the CardInfo.cif that was included in the torrent.

One problem with pionara's instructions is he can't be sure which CardInfo.cif came with the torrent. Basically, how you acquired these files is not his concern. His instructions are for the original/legitimate CNSD-310-FM upgrade that was sold for the Z130. There is another CNSD-310-FM upgrgade that was sold for the older models. However, the only important difference between these two upgrades is the CardInfo.cif file. So if you still have this problem, try using alternate CardInfo files.

Would it be best to make a back up before updating? Im learning bout the testmode thing from research, so far not positive on how to achieve that on my x920bt. Some say use the condihack method. One say, hold Home butoon, press revrs, frwd, rvers, frwd, revers, frwd. That will take to ur testmode screen. But im a lil hesitant because I dont want to brick the head unit.

Suggestion?

Would it be best to make a back up before updating? Im learning bout the testmode thing from research, so far not positive on how to achieve that on my x920bt. Some say use the condihack method. One say, hold Home butoon, press revrs, frwd, rvers, frwd, revers, frwd. That will take to ur testmode screen. But im a lil hesitant because I dont want to brick the head unit.

Suggestion?

Use the instructions in post #1`. It does not mention Hackmode or Testmode, so I don't know why you are asking this question in this thread. Don't make it harder than necessary.

If you want to use BT for Pandora/Aha on your iPhone (or any smartphone), you have to set Settings/AV System Settings/App Connection to BlueTooth. Otherwise it assumes you are using a wired iPhone connection.

hey mine does the same thing but if you pull up pandora on your phone and then hit play under the box on the pioneer touch screen, it will start to play pandora..if you want to skip next just hit the fwd button. you can pause and play. no pictures of album art or anything though.

plus make sure its in the wireless bluetooth setting in app mode like stated before.

Anyone get album art or aha radio to work?

hey mine does the same thing but if you pull up pandora on your phone and then hit play under the box on the pioneer touch screen, it will start to play pandora..if you want to skip next just hit the fwd button. you can pause and play. no pictures of album art or anything though.

plus make sure its in the wireless bluetooth setting in app mode like stated before.

Anyone get album art or aha radio to work?

Sounds like you are just using the BT audio source. Yes - that works - as any audio would coming from your phone over BT. When << and >> (prev & next) makes sense in context of the phone's app, those buttons on the HU will work.

But what we are talking about is the Aha and Pandora dedicated screens on the AVIC (Z140). Switch to that source and your BT connected smartphone will start the Pandora app on the phone, display all the info - including album art, and even allow thumbs up/down. You can also change from among your previously configured Pandora favorite stations.

I don't use Aha so I can't describe the features supported by the HU.

Sounds like you are just using the BT audio source. Yes - that works - as any audio would coming from your phone over BT. When << and >> (prev & next) makes sense in context of the phone's app, those buttons on the HU will work.

But what we are talking about is the Aha and Pandora dedicated screens on the AVIC (Z140). Switch to that source and your BT connected smartphone will start the Pandora app on the phone, display all the info - including album art, and even allow thumbs up/down. You can also change from among your previously configured Pandora favorite stations.

I don't use Aha so I can't describe the features supported by the HU.

thanks for claryifing, Yeah i cannot get pandora or aha to work with my iphone 5 on ios6. when i hit connect it connects, but says its disconnected. even though it is definately connected.

thanks for claryifing, Yeah i cannot get pandora or aha to work with my iphone 5 on ios6. when i hit connect it connects, but says its disconnected. even though it is definately connected.

According to the Z140 Operation Manual (p133-134), you should use the wired connection for iPhones. Other (Androiod and Blackberry) smart phones only can do Pandora over BT.

According to the Z140 Operation Manual (p133-134), you should use the wired connection for iPhones. Other (Androiod and Blackberry) smart phones only can do Pandora over BT.

ah thanks,

Man the iphone 5 sucks at integrating my iphone 4s on ios5, could play youtube, amazon, netflix. It was great for the rear tv monitors and long rides.