AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated my avic z110 (was a z130) to 2012 maps. update went very smooth. 1 question though. when you start the unit (after turning on your vehicle) is the pioneer splash still supposed to say 2009 ?? the last update i did to the unit (the z130 map update) it didnt change but i didnt think nothing of it. now that its up to date as a z140, the splash screen still says 2009.

i have validated that the version platform ver is 4.0, app version is v4.0100 and version is 4.000 bluetooth firmware says v3.24

thanks

Updated my avic z110 (was a z130) to 2012 maps. update went very smooth. 1 question though. when you start the unit (after turning on your vehicle) is the pioneer splash still supposed to say 2009 ?? the last update i did to the unit (the z130 map update) it didnt change but i didnt think nothing of it. now that its up to date as a z140, the splash screen still says 2009.

i have validated that the version platform ver is 4.0, app version is v4.0100 and version is 4.000 bluetooth firmware says v3.24

thanks

The upgrade doesn't change the splash screen - which is just a bmp or jpg file. It does install a new file for 2012. You have to manually select it just as if you were installing a custom splash.

guys i have 16gb micro sd card i have formated and copy all the files in rood sd car and replace the VERINFO.DAT file and put is to f930bt and i get to 24% 16 min. doom! ERROR can any one show me way todo this update now sistem is not working needs update.

thank you

Not sure what you did here. F930 does not use the uscan update. It uses the euro version of this update. Read over the thread and find the procedure to kick the unit out of upgrade mode and try again with proper update. Make sure to redoenload, reunpack, and reformat sd before retry.

thanks for the update on the splash screen

i did notice that when setting a destination for a particular street, it shows all the cities of where that street is located. That is really cool

also it appears the response time has improved after setting a destination. other than that, i have not seen any significant difference with the maps.

i do get people telling me that i sound like i'm underwater when talking through the blue booth (i use an iPhone 5s) maybe on the z150, they'll finally resolve that ..

when using my old HTC evo and evo 3d phones i had the same problem.. i hear the caller just fine but to them i sound awful -:)

After hours of reading multiple threads I decided to use this method. I downloaded the file, extracted using 7Zip, copied the 2 files then copied everything to my 4GB sd card. I put the sd card in the unit and started the unit, it asked me if I wanted to update tap yes, it rebooted copied and installed the files about 25 minutes, then after it rebooted I went in and upgraded the BT firmware and all done. About 35 mins. I haven't tested it fully yet because it is 1:30am but I wanted to post that it worked great on my X920bt with the 2011 maps hacked.

I just updated my 920 bt. It had been updated to the 2011 files last year. All I did was put the 3 files on the sd card which was formatted first .They were firmware , update,and cardinfo onto the sd card. thern put in machine start up and it went perfect. Just follow the directions. Thx guys for the great work with this software. It could not of been easier.

snapback.pngpionara, on 19 September 2012 - 09:40 P

M, said:

UPDATE: I have found a super easy method to install. No testmode, no hacked dlls, etc.

1. get the update and put it on an SD card (like below) so that the SD card has Cardinfo.cif, Update, Firmware folders at the top (root) level of the sd card.

2. replace the file on sd card: \Update\VERINFO.DAT with this one:

attachicon.gifVERINFO.DAT

3. if you have Z110, Z120, or X920 (not needed for Z130 or X930): Replace the Cardinfo.cif on the SD card with this one that is inside this zip:

attachicon.gifcardinfo.dat.zip

4. insert SD card into unit (make sure you have good power to your vehicle - running, battery charger, etc)... it should ask to upgrade and reboot... no password needed. Will take about 30 mins. After it has completed update it will restart and go through initial settings like voice, etc. It should reboot and you should see 2012 splash screen. After the unit reboots, it may ask you if you want to update again but choose NO (provided update went ok and you have 2012 splash screen which means it updated.)

5. update your bluetooth firmware (to 3.24) in the bluetooth settings menu

please report your success on this thread. If you have problems, make sure you note your current model and version.

update: IAmSuperBleeder posted a nice step-by-step with photos: #301

- applies to x930bt, x920, z110, z120, or z130 US/CAN models. This is for CNSD-310FM/UC- UC means US/Can. No EU updates or other regions yet. The procedure should be the same for F10,20,30 and F920, F930 as soon as there is a Euro version available.

For Euro (EU5) update here: http://avic411.com/i...eu-2012-update/

update: torrent of the full update image posted here: #204

after upgrade:

service information screen. hold top left for detailed info:

Platform version: 4.000

Application version: 4.010

Version: 4.000

Bluetooth firmware version: 3.24

if you like the new version/maps, please do yourself a favor and go pay for it.

Note: it is up to you to legally obtain the update files. I have provided an alternate method of installation that does not require a password for those folks with legally obtained software.

update worked greaton my Z100bt thank you!

For some reason i cannot connect my iphone to the pandora via bluetoooth (4gs)

Also does anyone know if this makes the Z110 "sirius XM" ready instead of SAT ready? Or is that a hardware issue?

I want to control my SAT radio through the screen and cant find the old SCC1 and poineer adapter anymore

update worked greaton my Z100bt thank you!

For some reason i cannot connect my iphone to the pandora via bluetoooth (4gs)

Although it isn't clearly stated in the manual that Pandora only works on iPhone via wired USB, it sorta looks that way. See pg 132 "For iPhone Users" and pg 133 "For iPhone Users".

Pandora and Aha over BT requires that the smartphone support Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP). It doesn't appear that the current iOS supports SPP. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647

However, there seems to be some "unofficial" way to add that support. http://theiphonewiki.../wiki/Bluetooth But, even if SPP support were added, there's no guarrantee that the Apple Pandora app is written to take advantage of the protocol.

I'm Android, so that's about all I know. Good luck, I say just go with the CD-IU51V (or CD-IU50V?) cable and also enjoy the AVIC's great built-in music/video support for iPods (including VR selection of artist/album/playlist).