AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

Upgrade worked perfectly on a Z110 upgraded to Z120. Bluetooth update said it failed but shows as version 3.24? Only thing that does not work is streaming Pandora via Bluetooth. I changed the App from wired to bluetooth with no luck. I am using a iPhone4S. Any ideas?

I don't have an iPhone, but I recall you must use "wired" because apple OS doesn't support BT SPP (Serial Port Profile) required for BT apps. The Z140 manual pg 132. What isn't clear is whether the old usb/ipod cable (CD-IU50V) works, or if the newer CD-UI51V is required. Someone can probably answer, or you could try whatever you have.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the downgrade instruction request.  Obviously someone on here accomplished it and I have all the old files, but I can't get the unit to do a thing.  It's ignoring my SD card with the older firmware.  I read in a previous post regarding different equipment that you needed to change the file containing the firmware version to a larger number, but the file referred to in that post is not present on the Z1xxx firmware as far as I can tell (MPU.bin).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  As it stands, the unit tries to take me anywhere from a few miles to hundreds of miles out of the way when using the nav function - it's bizarre..

Thanks in advance,

• 2 weeks later...

Ok having a bit of an issue after moving my z110 to my wife's car.

it is asking for a password.  I have tried every thing for a password and no luck.

you can read more details in my other thread.  (sorry for duplicate just want this to work for our trip on friday)

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37133-z110-w-2012-maps-password-required-after-battery-disconnect/

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Ok having a bit of an issue after moving my z110 to my wife's car.

it is asking for a password.  I have tried every thing for a password and no luck.

you can read more details in my other thread.  (sorry for duplicate just want this to work for our trip on friday)

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37133-z110-w-2012-maps-password-required-after-battery-disconnect/

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

There are already several threads on how to find and/or remove passwords - using TestMode file manager to delete the password file.

I think the process is about the same as this -> http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37025-how-to-retrieve-your-avic-x850bts-forgotten-password/?hl=password

I also think you can just remove the Security.dat file to totally remove the password. Be sure to read the whole thread, there are some helpful comments at the end.

• 3 weeks later...

Big Thanks to Pionara - for providing this procedure - and all your hard work.

I follow the first post - then read the rest of this forum, gave it try and followed your directions, and it worked like a charm.  I have an AVIC X920BT that had been upgraded to CNSD-210FM.  Wanted to get the latest maps and BT software - seems to work well on my machine with an Iphone 4S.

Shout out to all the others who worked to make this happen, this forum really is great.

Yeah, ran the firmware update first.  Once that completed, went in and ran the Bluetooth upgrade.  Everything completed successfully as far as I could tell.

OK, just checking. To answer your original question, no - I'm not noticing any difference in connection reliability. I often need to re-pair due to frequent Android OS updates (I am using a very hacked phone which was originally running WinCE (HTC HD2)).  Someimes it takes a couple tries before everything settles-down and works properly.

I just did this upgrade on my avic-z110bt worked great , So I now have a avic-z140 bt           :)

to catzcatz or any other member, did this work from version 1.0000 or did i need to do an update from 1.0000 to 1.0001 first? 

sorry for the noob question but it wasnt addressed from the first post and I would not like to brick my unit. 

to catzcatz or any other member, did this work from version 1.0000 or did i need to do an update from 1.0000 to 1.0001 first? 

sorry for the noob question but it wasnt addressed from the first post and I would not like to brick my unit. 

You can go directly from any version to CNSD-310FM using the "supereasy" method. The old way required using an intermediate "patch" release to install the hacked  password-checking code before installing the upgrade..