AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

sweet. thanks for the quick reply. waiting for my 8gb microsd hc card to come in and then ima be doing this. will report back! 

*EDIT: jumped the gun and just took an SD card from my camera. Everything worked flawlessly, as per directions. I didnt have much time to play with the new update but did anyone notice it having a bit of a lag? 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, just checking. To answer your original question, no - I'm not noticing any difference in connection reliability. I often need to re-pair due to frequent Android OS updates (I am using a very hacked phone which was originally running WinCE (HTC HD2)).  Someimes it takes a couple tries before everything settles-down and works properly.

Hm, OK.  Basically, every time I get in the car, my bluetooth connects and then maybe 2 minutes later as I'm driving it disconnects.  If I got in and manually connect again, it'll say it's connected but Pandora and Aha won't work.  Had no connection issues like this with the previous version.  Is it possible to revert back?

Hm, OK.  Basically, every time I get in the car, my bluetooth connects and then maybe 2 minutes later as I'm driving it disconnects.  If I got in and manually connect again, it'll say it's connected but Pandora and Aha won't work.  Had no connection issues like this with the previous version.  Is it possible to revert back?

It is possible to reinstall the previous version, but I've never done it so I can't walk you through. I think there is an option in TestMode to force load from SD (presumably the installation SD for the previous version?)   But first, it isn't clear here - are you re-pairing or just manually connecting after the connection is lost? I'm suggesting you re-pair - by deleting the pairing from the BTmenu on the phone, putting the AVIC in "visible" mode, and re-discovering the AVIC from the phone..

It is possible to reinstall the previous version, but I've never done it so I can't walk you through. I think there is an option in TestMode to force load from SD (presumably the installation SD for the previous version?)   But first, it isn't clear here - are you re-pairing or just manually connecting after the connection is lost? I'm suggesting you re-pair - by deleting the pairing from the BTmenu on the phone, putting the AVIC in "visible" mode, and re-discovering the AVIC from the phone..

I've done that a couple times now, and yes, that'll get it to work if I re-pair it every time, but I shouldn't have to do that.  It should just recognize my phone and work whenever I get in the car like it did previously.

This worked on my X920.

I did have a hiccup the first try.  It would get to 99% and then say something like "...Incorrect SD Card..."  I quick reformatted my 16 GB Kingston card with FAT32, used a different computer to copy the same files with 7-Zip, and the second try was flawless except I can't upgrade my bluetooth firmware.  My bluetooth firmware is at 3.11.  The option is greyed out.  Another difference was that after the update, I could not select different languages.  US English was already selected and the rest were greyed out.

This was my first update on my unit.

Any ideas?

post-94464-0-32027700-1378278499_thumb.jpg

post-94464-0-10603900-1378278521_thumb.jpg

Did you have the SD (with \FIRMWARE) inserted when you observed the grayed update button? Not sure it matters but just wondered.

If you still can't update it try a hard reset (either disconnect the vehicle battery or pull fuses to both yellow and red power - if you are sure you know which ones).  I had other weird things on my HU after the last upgrade - and the reset fixed them.

This worked on my X920.

I did have a hiccup the first try.  It would get to 99% and then say something like "...Incorrect SD Card..."  I quick reformatted my 16 GB Kingston card with FAT32, used a different computer to copy the same files with 7-Zip, and the second try was flawless except I can't upgrade my bluetooth firmware.  My bluetooth firmware is at 3.11.  The option is greyed out.  Another difference was that after the update, I could not select different languages.  US English was already selected and the rest were greyed out.

This was my first update on my unit.

Any ideas?

Make sure that your Bluetooth is turned on before the update.

Need some help! First off though, thanks so much for posting this! I followed the directions and the update process seemed to go very smooth, I updated from an original z120bt. Everything seems to be updated but I have a problem with the bluetooth controlling pandora and aha radio. It says that the bluetooth is disconnected but it's not, the phone and audio through bluetooth work fine. I have an iphone 5 with ios 6.1.4, does it not work with the iphone5? All the version numbers are what Pionara said they would be In the service information screen, however the CAN version just has dashes, no numbers. Is this a problem? what is CAN version btw? Also, I would like to use the appradio mode. Will it work with my head unit and the cdiv202navi unit? And finally, does anyone know how the new ios7 update that's coming out next week will effect all this? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Need some help! First off though, thanks so much for posting this! I followed the directions and the update process seemed to go very smooth, I updated from an original z120bt. Everything seems to be updated but I have a problem with the bluetooth controlling pandora and aha radio. It says that the bluetooth is disconnected but it's not, the phone and audio through bluetooth work fine. I have an iphone 5 with ios 6.1.4, does it not work with the iphone5? All the version numbers are what Pionara said they would be In the service information screen, however the CAN version just has dashes, no numbers. Is this a problem? what is CAN version btw? Also, I would like to use the appradio mode. Will it work with my head unit and the cdiv202navi unit? And finally, does anyone know how the new ios7 update that's coming out next week will effect all this? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Is the pandora app on on your phone? Try bringing the pandora app up on the phone first and then connecting from the HU. Same would go for AHA. My guess is CAN means Canada which would probably be the same as the US version.

All the version numbers are what Pionara said they would be In the service information screen, however the CAN version just has dashes, no numbers. Is this a problem? what is CAN version btw? 

My guess is CAN means Canada which would probably be the same as the US version.

I think CAN is for CanBus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

Apparently the HU has some support for it, but it would require additional hardware to communicate with. Maybe to interface w steering-wheel controls and external amps.

Is the pandora app on on your phone? Try bringing the pandora app up on the phone first and then connecting from the HU. Same would go for AHA. My guess is CAN means Canada which would probably be the same as the US version.

Yes, the pandora and aha radio app is on my phone. I tried bringing them up first but no luck. The audio will play through bluetooth but I have no control from the head unit. Maybe it's cause of the iphone 5?

I think CAN is for CanBus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

Apparently the HU has some support for it, but it would require additional hardware to communicate with. Maybe to interface w steering-wheel controls and external amps.

Ah, ok I understand now. The only other hardware I have is XM radio and HD radio units and they are working good. So I guess it doesn't matter that is doesn't have version number?

Yes, the pandora and aha radio app is on my phone. I tried bringing them up first but no luck. The audio will play through bluetooth but I have no control from the head unit. Maybe it's cause of the iphone 5?

Ah, ok I understand now. The only other hardware I have is XM radio and HD radio units and they are working good. So I guess it doesn't matter that is doesn't have version number?

Ya, I believe mine is empty too. Been that way for several updates.

AFA Pandora and other apps, make sure you are set up for wired. Check Settings/AV System Settings/App Connection. It must be set to "Wired" for iPhones/iTouch. Of course that means you need the adapter cable. See pg 133 in Z140 manual. Only Android/Blackberry can handle the Aha/Pandora apps over BT. Apple doesn't support the protocol required.