AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

Ya, I believe mine is empty too. Been that way for several updates.

AFA Pandora and other apps, make sure you are set up for wired. Check Settings/AV System Settings/App Connection. It must be set to "Wired" for iPhones/iTouch. Of course that means you need the adapter cable. See pg 133 in Z140 manual. Only Android/Blackberry can handle the Aha/Pandora apps over BT. Apple doesn't support the protocol required.

Ok thanks, that answers that question. I was considering getting the cdiv202navi unit to control the apps. Do you know if this will work for me?

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know - I use the old cable for iPods. But I have an older iTouch. I'm sure someone will know & respond.

Yes I wonder if anyone has tried it. I looked at the manual for the cd-iv202navi and it has a 2 switch positions on it for different head units. One of them is for AVIC-140BH. I'm just wondering since my unit is a 120bt updated to the versions from this thread if it will work. I'm thinking about getting it but want to but would like to know if anyone else has made it work. Anyone? Thanks!

Been a member since the avic-z1 days and even posted the first bypass instructions on pulsing the illumination wire (I didn't discover it, read it on the12volt, but just happened to be the first to relay the info here.) Been inactive for quite a while but checked in to see what tricks were available for my z110. Read in the instructions and followed them without issue other than the "radio error" so I disconnected the msn traffic receiver and all was good to go. I must say the appradio feature is far more valuable, to me anyway, than the map updates. It's like an entirely new head unit and far more responsive. Plus it forced me to clean up my wiring and finally install a switch for the power antenna so I can finally go through a car wash without mangling it!  :)

Anyhow, just wanted to post a sincere thank you for all involved in making this available and posting such an easy and descriptive guide. It is much appreciated!

Been a member since the avic-z1 days and even posted the first bypass instructions on pulsing the illumination wire (I didn't discover it, read it on the12volt, but just happened to be the first to relay the info here.) Been inactive for quite a while but checked in to see what tricks were available for my z110. Read in the instructions and followed them without issue other than the "radio error" so I disconnected the msn traffic receiver and all was good to go. I must say the appradio feature is far more valuable, to me anyway, than the map updates. It's like an entirely new head unit and far more responsive. Plus it forced me to clean up my wiring and finally install a switch for the power antenna so I can finally go through a car wash without mangling it!   :)

Anyhow, just wanted to post a sincere thank you for all involved in making this available and posting such an easy and descriptive guide. It is much appreciated!

Hi, I updated my z120bt but the appradio feature is not working. I have an iphone5 and I tried the cd-iv202navi unit but it does not recognize my iphone. I put the app mode on wired and bluetooth in the settings but nothing. Could you tell me how you got it to work? Thanks!

I successfully upgraded my X920 to version 4 using the guide from the first post and wanted to give some feedback based on my experience. Some of the installation details are somewhat murky because of how long this thread has become. If there isn't one already, a consolidated step by step should be posted in the forum's FAQ area.

- You will need at least a 4GB MicroSD card to do the firmware and map update at the same time. 8GB cards can be found on Amazon for $7.

- The torrent file has a folder inside of it that has a file you need to copy out in addition to the other two files on the original post. I cannot remember the name of the folder at the moment but it has a read me.txt file inside of it that tells you exactly what to do. I didn't do this the first time and I got the "insert correct SD card error". I'm not sure if this is related to not taking the aforementioned step or because I tried un-rar'ing the map update on my Mac. On my second try I did everything on my PC and did the file copy from the torrent folder and everything worked. In addition, the second time I attempted the install the actual unit went into some sort of DOS mode and displayed a message that it had copied some files. At that point I couldn't do anything so I recycled the ignition with the SD card still in the unit and when it booted back up, it went into the firmware update and finished 30 minutes later with no issues.

If anyone is reading this and would like to clarify the above, please feel free. Thanks to all those who contributed to this hack!

Hi, I updated my z120bt but the appradio feature is not working. I have an iphone5 and I tried the cd-iv202navi unit but it does not recognize my iphone. I put the app mode on wired and bluetooth in the settings but nothing. Could you tell me how you got it to work? Thanks!

I have an iphone4 so I can't speak to the 5. Did you install the appradio app from the appstore and launch it?

Brilliant!  Upgrade was *flawless*, now running version 4.00!  Thanks pionara.

I've already bypassed and upgraded, but is there anything else I can do to my Z110BT?  Sorry for the newbie question, but I just looked on the web at the Z150BH and the nav interface looks incredible!  Will there EVER be a way to get that software onto the Z110BT or is that surely out of the question?

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked all over and I can not find a link that works to download the 2012 US/CAN update.

I have a X930bt Ver 3.0000 and I want to upgrade so my Samsung S3 will work better with it. I have even tried to buy the upgrade from NAVTEQ but they no longer offer it.

Please if anyone has the files or has a good link to download the software let me know. I am pulling my hair out here, lol