AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. So I downloaded the "Pioneer 2012 US-CAN Map Upgrade" File and got the following files:

1. 2012 Upgrade.rar

2. CARDINFO.cif

3. Readme.txt

4. "RenewallFlib-AUTO-" FOLDER

Under this FOLDER I get:

1. readme.txt

2. RenewallFlib.dll

3. ScriptExec.ini

4. TESTMODE.KEY

Is this the correct file?

ALso I need the VERINFO.DAT file as well???

I see. So I downloaded the "Pioneer 2012 US-CAN Map Upgrade" File and got the following files:

1. 2012 Upgrade.rar

2. CARDINFO.cif

3. Readme.txt

4. "RenewallFlib-AUTO-" FOLDER

Under this FOLDER I get:

1. readme.txt

2. RenewallFlib.dll

3. ScriptExec.ini

4. TESTMODE.KEY

Is this the correct file?

ALso I need the VERINFO.DAT file as well???

Read post #1 in this thread. No need for RenewallFlib or TestMode.key. Don't make this harder than necessary

I got all 3 files... (NO RenewallFlib-AUTO-" FOLDER) on my SD card.

Last question before I pull the trigger...

CARDINFO file on sd card is FINE (I have an AVIC-x930bt) and I don't overwrite this file?

The only file I overwrite on the sd card is the VERINFO.DAT.

Anyone?

I've been meaning to do this for a long time, and finally spent a few hours last night going from a virginal z110bt to 4.0. I want to thank you all for making this possible -- you guys rock! I have one small issue, however:

When I go to AV sound settings, everything is greyed out. Did I do something wrong? Should I try to re-update? Everything else seems to be working.

UPDATE: Problem fixed. Okay, so I'm a little embarrassed, but I now realize that between the z110bt and 4.0 that Pioneer added separate and independent EQ for each input source (instead of a global EQ.) What will they think of next?! :-P

Hello.

I have a Pioneer f920bt I installed everything according to the instructions in the first post and update and update end of sucess(?) in system information i have version 4.0 but when i turn radio in startup window is written the maps are from the year 2011 and in this model Pioneer so it should be ?

I'm sorry for the mistakes :)

Hello.

I have a Pioneer f920bt I installed everything according to the instructions in the first post and update and update end of sucess(?) in system information i have version 4.0 but when i turn radio in startup window is written the maps are from the year 2011 and in this model Pioneer so it should be ?

I'm sorry for the mistakes :)

That's normal and the question has been asked before. The upgrade installation doesn't change the file you have currently selected as a splash screen - so yours is still showing whatever file you had before. The splash screen is just a jpeg (or bmp - forgot which) file. I use a custom one.

If it bothers you, and you don't feel like using a custom one - just go to the Settings/System Setting/Splash Screen and select the image that says 2012 (or maybe 2011? - like I said, I use a custom one).

wow 23 pages, I'm tired from reading this lol. Anyone want to help me out with quick steps for a native Z130bt on 3.001? I'm going to sleep now but I want to try to crack this one tomorrow. I know I need a different cardinfo file... where do I get that? (maybe its in here and I skipped it by accident... page #?) also I'm looking for the update files... good place to find them? A little confused right now but I think it'll clear up after I sleep and then re-read this thread tomorrow... (why does sleep always have to ruin the day? lol)

EDIT: sorry!!! just read page 21 again... I'll give it a go... im downloading the file from piratebay through utorrent. hope its the right one! lol.

EDIT: jeez im tired... i just read a few other pages over again, this seems realy easy, getting the files on SD cards now, going to run it in the am. sorry for my special post haha.

Edited by nycibbyryder

I know I need a different cardinfo file... where do I get that?

Don't assume you need a different one. The SD image I had was for a Z130 -> Z140 upgrade, so it should work. If it doesn't do anything when you insert the SD, then try another CardInfo.

EDIT: sorry!!! just read page 21 again... I'll give it a go... im downloading the file from piratebay through utorrent. hope its the right one! lol.

You only need to read post #1. The rest is noise. Much is obsolete. Others are Off Topic or make it sound more complicated than it is.

I don't know for sure whether Piratebay's copy is the same one which was contributed by a member here. So it might be the one for Z110/Z120 upgrades. AFAIK the only difference (at least the only one that matters) is the CardInfo file.

SO give it a try - won't hurt anything. BTW, the biggest danger is if you loose power during the upgrade. That can, and has, bricked headunits. Make sure your battery is charged, in good condition, and there is no possiblility your car's onboard circuitry will time-out and shut-off the radio. Some cars will allow the radio to stay on for 15-20 minutes after the ignition is off, or until the door is opened and closed. Make sure your ignition is left On (or in Acc mode).

Good luck. I bet it goes smoothly.