AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

Updated my Z110 version 1.0 to the newer UI using pionara's updated post, took about 30 mins and worked flawlessly. Tempting to swipe it like a smartphone but it's not that responsive, is still way better than the old sub menu style interface. Pando works like a champ. Only prob is now BT only works when unplugging my iPhone 5 from the head. I have yet to update that software though. 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a link that does not contain virus infected software. The piratebay link tried to download a fake infected flash player that both adobe and my AV prevented. The other link to an exe contained some kind of virus infected "secure transfer" software. Again my AV stopped it.

Where are you all getting your files from?

After searching around I found a download. But the instructions are far different then the ones in this post. So I don't think it's the right one and definitively not worth bricking my radio.

PIONEER 2012 US/CAN UPGRADE
===========================

*THIS UPGRADE SHOULD WORK FOR Z110BT,Z120BT,Z130BT,X920,X930

1) PUT THE FILES INSIDE THE RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.1 FOLDER INTO THE ROOT 
OF SD CARD AND STICK THAT INTO THE AVIC AND LET IT DO IT'S THING

2) AFTER IT'S DONE TAKE THE CARD AND PUT THE 2012 UPGRADE CARD IN (FIRMWARE, UPDATE, AND CARDINFO 
SHOULD BE ON THE ROOT OF THE SD CARD)

3) IF THE UPGRADE MENU DOES NOT SHOW UP WHEN YOU INSERT THE CARD, REPLACE THE CARDINFO FILE WITH THE 
ONE PROVIDED

4) WHEN IT PROMPS YOU FOR A PASSWORD, TYPE IN : PASSWORDPASSWORD

THIS UPGRADE WAS MADE POSSIBLE BY SHEKA, PIONARA, AND CONDI FROM THE AVIC411 FORUM.

After searching around I found a download. But the instructions are far different then the ones in this post. So I don't think it's the right one and definitively not worth bricking my radio.

The instructions were written when the was no easy way of going about it.

So, successfully upgraded my Z120BT with this, not sure app radio feature was worth losing my voice active NAV feature though!  Any way to revert back? I haven't checked all the available NAV apps on App Radio yet, if there is one that uses voice commands then that would be cool. 

So just to be clear there is no possible way to upgrade just the maps without the firmware?  I love the VR POI and Address.  I use it all the time.  I must just have one of those voices that it recognizes.  I have a Z120bt with the  CNSD-210FM, I got from you amazing guys and or gals.  I would really love the newer maps but not the feature destroying firmware. When I did CNSD-210FM I noticed I upgraded them separately (maps and firmware).  This one seems like its just one fail swoop, slam bam, thank you ma'am, leave $20 on the nightstand, its all done.  I think if I have to choose Ill stick with 2011 Maps, over a half working head unit with slightly better maps.  But if I can have both that would be a great Valentine gift to my lovely Excursion.  What is the verdict?

Same here, really loved the VR NAV feature and didn't want to lose it, but couldn't resist the AppRadio features.  Would be nice to have both!

yes. get previous update, put on sd card with testmode.key (normal one) and select force update platform and navigation. Good luck!

I recent updated my Z120 with the cnsd-310fmuc. The navigation has some glitches and I didn't realize how much I would miss the voice activated navigation.

Is there any safe way to revert to an earlier firmware?

Did a bit of digging and found this post.  Knew there was a way back!  Sorry guys, I'd rather have VR in NAV than appradio for the time being.  Would like to just update BT and maps, anyone willing to point us in the right direction?

Thanks all guys who had put their hard work into  making  map and firmware upgrade easy for all the users. I was able to install without any issues, took 30 minutes to upgrade, firmware, maps, and bluetooth. it is amazing , I was able to find the star bucks within 0.3 miles which earlier before upgrade showed 30 miles in a different county . I cant be more than happy, thanks all again!.

Hi , 

After and update of radio réception(FM), i made a mistake , and i crash my radio , i have a black screem no ligth at all ...

i tryed the sd , but not possible to Boot on ...

Do have any possiblity to reset the F930BT ? 

Do i have to boot by the USB ?

someone could help me ?

sincerly

Same here, really loved the VR NAV feature and didn't want to lose it, but couldn't resist the AppRadio features.  Would be nice to have both!

Did a bit of digging and found this post.  Knew there was a way back!  Sorry guys, I'd rather have VR in NAV than appradio for the time being.  Would like to just update BT and maps, anyone willing to point us in the right direction?

So Of Course, all answers are available to those who seek it!  Because of the NAVTEQ maps update, it doesn't support VR control at this time. Hmmm, which means if and when they get there shit together, maybe they'll put out another update which reinstates the VR functions? I'm not holding my breath...

Hi , 

After and update of radio réception(FM), i made a mistake , and i crash my radio , i have a black screem no ligth at all ...

i tryed the sd , but not possible to Boot on ...

Do have any possiblity to reset the F930BT ? 

Do i have to boot by the USB ?

someone could help me ?

sincerly

Most common suggestion is to disconnect your NEG lead of the car battery and let it sit for 30 min, complete reset/reboot

Most common suggestion is to disconnect your NEG lead of the car battery and let it sit for 30 min, complete reset/reboot

Hi Thevil1 , 

Well i take out of my car for a Week bit nothing and about the reset of the F930Bt , well don't know about witch button use ....

i try with SD test mode but nothing ...

sincerly 

steven