AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

Hello folks, the update went flawless, thanks for all the hard work. I have started to convert some movies to play during long trips, I have a 15" video screen in the back, when I play the movies using DVDs plays fine on both screens, when I use USB it only shows in the front. just wondering is this is by design or maybe a setting got change by the update, has anyone else have this situation? Thanks for your time.

Update

I updated to 2013 Maps and bluetooth, the update went fine no problems at all, the only thing I noticed that the Avic 920BT disconnects the audio part of the connection, the phone part works fine I can make and get calls all day long, but Aviv tells me the audio part of the connection will be disconnected but thn it should already be disconnected because says disconnected on the aha and or bluetooth screens, my ZTE Supreme register just fine it just that it disconnects the audio part, and I can't play Bluetooth audio from my phone to the Avic, I tried it with the 2012 update and did the same thing, used to work fine with stock maps and bluetooth software, does anyone have this issue? maybe I'm overlooking something, so is not a biggie I don't use pandora or aha radio apps but I occasionally play new music from my phone to the avic. I can connect via BT to my computer and everything works as is should, I can play music from the phone and pick up phone calls without any problems, plays aha and pandora just fine also. I would appreciate any comments on this thanks folks.

Update 2

well everything is working fine, the Bluetooth is working on both media and phone, the only thing is that the phone will say is connected to media but the Avic 920BT reads on it's display not connected but it is and it works it does it on both my wifes and my phone, as long the phone part works for hands free it meets my needs, I use the SD card to store mp3s. Hey folks I can play movies from thumbdrive on the front screen but the back screen will not work, only with DVD will work in the back, is this by design?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Matt -- HB Cali, on 24 Jun 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:

Is something wrong with the google link to the Z140 Files.rar file?  I have tried to download it 3 times and each time it takes about an hour and looks as though it's downloading but when it's done it just gives me an error.  Very frustrating.

Why are you installing this old version? This thread is almost 2 yrs old.  See the thread with 2013 maps.http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38472-2013-usacan-maps-download/

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Rons.

sorry for the noob question but i have not seen anyone ask or make a comment about it (sorry ahead of time).

I have a z120bt stock with the break mod by pass.

Question

If i do the update will i loose the break bypass mod or will it still work as it did originally?

Thank You

The software upgrades are to the stock binaries, which means any software hack you implemented on the previous binaries will be gone and you will have to re-implement on the new binaries.

So, if you implemented the software break bypass hack then you should have to re-implement.

• 2 months later...

So I've spent hours reading through all these posts.  I just downloaded the 2013 maps from the link above.  I then formatted a 16GB Kingston MicroSD card and unzipped the folder directly to the SD card using 7-Zip.  Then I followed the instructions on the first post, replacing the two files that were linked.  My model is the x920bt.  After booting up the unit, it asked if I wanted to proceed with update, so I clicked 'yes.'  Then it starts giving me the Incorrect SD card message.  Would not start the update, will not proceed with it.  I have reformatted my SD card several times, and unzipped the files using several different unzipping programs, all to no avail.  I have also re downloaded the 2013 maps file.  As it stands I have no way to fix this, and since my radio is in update mode, I can't do anything else with it.  Please help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know what both of the hex modifications do?

namely these two:

offset 15aef0, change the value from 02 00 56 E3 to 09 00 56 E3.
offset 15aee0, change the value from 01 10 A0 E3 to 00 10 A0 E3.

In the new 5.0 firmware, I've done just the first modification (ignoring the second), but still managed to get the Safe Mode menu come up..  Is there something special the second one does?