AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep getting "Incorrect SD Card" about 70% through the process on my Z130bt. I'm using an 8GB microSD in an adapter, which I reformatted and tried again but it still failed. I'm assuming the system doesn't like the microSD, so If I buy an actual SD card, is there anything specific I need to buy? or will any 4GB SD card do the trick?

Thanks Pionara, I had actually figured that one out by accident. I also managed to get this issue resolved late last night. Originally I had only put the files on the SD card that were referenced in the first post on this thread

1. get the update and put it on an SD card (like below) so that the SD card has Cardinfo.cif, Update, Firmware folders at the top (root) level of the sd card.

And after I downloaded the update again I noticed another folder in the download, so I threw that on the SD card too and the update went smooth after that.

Pionara,

Do I follow the instructions in post #1 that you updated November 28th? I can't tell if I should follow your simple method outlined or do what others have done. Also, on your post #1, it says you don't need to replace the file if you have a Z130. I have a Z110 that currently has Z130 software. Do I need to copy this file over?

Thanks,

Tom

is it still recommended to back up the user folder before beginning?

downloading the firmware now; going to knock this out tomorrow :) I took my buddy to the tire shop today to pick up his truck that he was getting new tires put on and he plugged his iPhone into my X930BT, and I want all that stuff that showed up when using my Andriod :D

looks super easy; MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be!

will report back on success (or failure, but LET'S HOPE NOT!!!)

is it still recommended to back up the user folder before beginning?

downloading the firmware now; going to knock this out tomorrow :) I took my buddy to the tire shop today to pick up his truck that he was getting new tires put on and he plugged his iPhone into my X930BT, and I want all that stuff that showed up when using my Andriod :D

looks super easy; MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be!

will report back on success (or failure, but LET'S HOPE NOT!!!)

Unless you are installing Hackmode (which isn't needed), I see no reason to back-up \USER.

BTW, the only new feature you'll get with android over your Z130 is Pandora and AHA support. No AppMode.

First, CNSD-310FM is only for Z110-Z130 (and the x9xx versions). Not for the x940BT.

Second, are you sure aren't already on 4.001. You need to check the Appl Version in the hidden menu. Go to theService Information screen and hold the upper left corner of the screen.

I have heard there is an update from Pioneer for the Z140 but I haven't gone looking for it on their web site.

Update: I just just Pioneer USA and I don't seen any updates to the x940 or Z140 (at least not where they usually show firmware updates on the product page).

So you may be already on the latest released software for the x940BT.