AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Z120BT 2.0000 successfully updated.

Pionara's initial edited post is up to date and flawless.

Follow page 1/post 1 and you'll be fine.

Man these dudes made it about as idiot proof as it can get.

Now all you need to do is teach people to stop asking howto in this thread and point them to post 1.

Great job to all those involved in this.

Hey people! Straight newbie here. I'm gonna ask a very newbie question because I just don't get this thread. This may be why I m confused to begin with.

I just ordered a 2013 z150. The topic of this thread is "2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade" -

-Why would I want to upgrade the maps to a 2012 year over the 2013 year I already have? BTW- you can laugh at that question

-What the heck is a "CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade"?

Z120BT 2.0000 successfully updated.

Pionara's initial edited post is up to date and flawless.

Follow page 1/post 1 and you'll be fine.

Man these dudes made it about as idiot proof as it can get.

Now all you need to do is teach people to stop asking howto in this thread and point them to post 1.

Great job to all those involved in this.

I agree it looks easy to follow. What I'm trying to find in this thread is what is the benefit of doing this? At least for the 2013 models.

I agree it looks easy to follow. What I'm trying to find in this thread is what is the benefit of doing this? At least for the 2013 models.

OK, I thought it would eventually dawn on you. You are answering your own question. Let's see, who would ever want to load 2012 software on their HU? Obviously not someone who has a 2013 unit. That would leave the vast majority of AVIC owners that don't own a 2012 or 2013 unit. The latest maps and sofware updates are usually released over the summer. So the latest maps (the ones on Z150) will probably be available to the rest of us in July or Aug.

You might want to google CNSD-310FM and find the product info.

BTW, the 2013 models have 2012 maps, and the same goes for older units. The maps are about a year behind since the new products come out in Jan.

Ok cool. Thanks RonS. Thought that maybe there's some sorta hack being injected into the system under the 2012 map load. Analogous to iPhone jailbreak or something. I guess I was reading too much into into. I'll look up the other. Thanks again! I'll probably be very interested in this once my maps get outdated. :)