AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

Just did it on my X930BT without a single hiccup :)

Downloaded the update via torrent and unzipped it's contents into a folder. Downloaded the updated VERINFO.DAT file and put it in the \Update directory of the unzipped files, replacing the previous file in the folder. Then placed the 3 files on the SD car; FIRMWARE folder, Update folder, and CARDINFO.cif

Powered the unit up, popped in the SD card, and within about 5 seconds it picked it up and asked to start the update.

IMAG1597.jpg

That update process took about 20 minutes

IMAG1587.jpg

Once that's done the unit reboots and finishes updating

IMAG1592.jpg

After that, you're greeted with language setup options

IMAG1594.jpg

IMAG1595.jpg

Once that's done, the update is complete!

By the way, if you're using a custom start up splash screen (as I am), you will not see any 2012 Pioneer splash screen for confirmation, because you're custom one is still going to show, so don't freak out when that doesn't show up upon the unit rebooting, lol.

After you go through the language setup, it's going to ask to do the update again. If you don't want to sit there for another 20 minutes, hit no...

IMAG1597.jpg

To update the bluetooth firmware, go into your settings menu

IMAG1598.jpg

Go into the bluetooth settings menu, and scroll to the bottom where you'll find the firmware update option

IMAG1599.jpg

Press it and it'll show you your current firmware and under that will be the option to update it

IMAG1600.jpg

Once that's pressed, you're prompted with one more confirmation of the update showing you version info of what you're currently running and what's going to be installed

IMAG1601.jpg

Hit yes and wait for it to update; takes about 3 or 4 minutes to complete

IMAG1602.jpg

IMAG1603.jpg

Once that's done, you'll have the new app connection option for bluetooth or wired connection :)

IMAG1604.jpg

IMAG1605.jpg

Pair to your Android phone (which you will have to do over again since you updated the bluetooth firmware which erased any stored phones) and you'll get a new list of options in you sources!

IMAG1607.jpg

And for final proof of the successful update :D

IMAG1606.jpg

Thanks for all the info and help everyone has given; this forum rocks!

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: I have found a super easy method to install. No testmode, no hacked dlls, etc.

1. get the update and put it on an SD card (like below) so that the SD card has Cardinfo.cif, Update, Firmware folders at the top (root) level of the sd card.

2. replace the file on sd card: \Update\VERINFO.DAT with this one:

3. if you have Z110, Z120, or X920 (not needed for Z130 or X930): Replace the Cardinfo.cif on the SD card with this one that is inside this zip:

cardinfo.dat.zip

4. insert SD card into unit (make sure you have good power to your vehicle - running, battery charger, etc)... it should ask to upgrade and reboot... no password needed. Will take about 30 mins. After it has completed update it will restart and go through initial settings like voice, etc. It should reboot and you should see 2012 splash screen. After the unit reboots, it may ask you if you want to update again but choose NO (provided update went ok and you have 2012 splash screen which means it updated.)

5. update your bluetooth firmware (to 3.24) in the bluetooth settings menu

please report your success on this thread. If you have problems, make sure you note your current model and version.

update: IAmSuperBleeder posted a nice step-by-step with photos: #301

- applies to x930bt, x920, z110, z120, or z130 US/CAN models. This is for CNSD-310FM/UC- UC means US/Can. No EU updates or other regions yet. The procedure should be the same for F10,20,30 and F920, F930 as soon as there is a Euro version available.

For Euro (EU5) update here: http://avic411.com/i...eu-2012-update/

update: torrent of the full update image posted here: #204

after upgrade:

service information screen. hold top left for detailed info:

Platform version: 4.000

Application version: 4.010

Version: 4.000

Bluetooth firmware version: 3.24

if you like the new version/maps, please do yourself a favor and go pay for it.

Note: it is up to you to legally obtain the update files. I have provided an alternate method of installation that does not require a password for those folks with legally obtained software.

Have Z130BT with 3.001. Followed these instructions to the letter. No Problem. Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Ok I've been trying this for a few hours...I have an x930BT and have had it updated to 3.001 for quite some time. Trying to do the supereasymethod update but I keep getting the "an error occurred and the update failed" with a retry button after the first part of the install gets to 100%. I downloaded the update from the reposted link that someone posted on the original update thread. I'm downloading the torrent version now to try that but here's what I've done so far:

Switched SD cards (was using a SanDisk 32gb, switched to a different brand 16GB sd)

Was doing this on my mac, so I switched to a VM, re-unzipped the file using the VM and put it on the 16gb SD. Same result

Switched to the 32GB again, unzipped through VM, no dice.

I've ensured that the files are copied to the root of the SD card (2 folders and one file) each time.

My method was to unzip the RAR to the SD card, then copy the files from the Z140 files folder into the root, then get rid of that folder once they're copied over, so only the 3 files remain.

I've also copied the patched VERINFO.dat over as instructed for each try, as well.

Nothing is working. When I restart the unit, it will not do anything, but will say it cannot continue without an SD card. So at this point, I'm stuck with a unit that won't do anything. Your help is greatly appreciated!

I also tried to install Hackmode v2 but could not get it to run, either (just to see if I could get the unit running). I was able to open v1.4, though.

The only thing I can do with it right now is use testmode to copy and paste things...can't get it to even recognize the update sd card.

Update: copied over the backed up PRG file and was able to get back to where I can install the update...also got a 2012 splash screen on startup, but it still says I can't continue without an SD card and then the update still fails at 99%.

I have a VM, which is essentially the same thing...but I could try my old PC I guess...I've done the drag and drop thing in my VM, as well. I'm loading it onto a usb drive right now to try that, instead....but that's the last thing I can think of. Thanks for responding!

Oh and I'm using WinRAR 3.71