AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, its an empty file. The presense of it tells the loader to user PRG1. So you can just create one, probably with a hex editor or notepad.

Ron!! i got on my other laptop and that did the freaking trick man....what a freaking relief...thank you so much..... now....do i dare do the upgrade now

Looks like I'm screwed, I tried the super testmode on a new SD card and still nothing. The worst part is that it's probably my fault for not idling the car while doing the upgrade, I assumed that if a laptop could run off a smaller LiON battery for hours, a little GPS unit could do an hour on a Duralast Gold yellow-top battery.

Is there any way I could restore the GPS OS on my own? Access some kind of BIOS or re-install? Failing that, what about those e-bayers who claim to be able to service the units for $120 + $15 shipping? If I need to shell out $400-500 to Pioneer to get it fixed I'd rather just sell the thing as-is, use my phone for navigation, and get a stereo.

azrael,

If you cant boot into testmode, then it isnt good. Only other thing to check is to make sure you completely disconnect power from your avic for a few seconds (ACC and B+) - example, remove power connector. And then try to power the unit back up. That might give it a hard reset.

Other thing to make sure you tried another sd card or usb.

However, if you dont even see the pioneer logo it's not good.

WRT to ebay fixes, not sure they can help - most of them dont do anything but boot into testmode, reset your unit, and load latest software. Everything you can do from following one of the threads here. They are usually just "software" fixers, and will state that they dont do any hardware repairs.

Another success story, thanks to the leaders on this thread for providing the files, the knowledge, and the instructions.

I copied/pasted/edited Creef412 status report on page 12 because it does a good job structuring the steps taken and results observed.

My Unit: Z130BT running the Firmware Update Version 3.001 from Pioneer website.

On Laptop running Win7 - 32 Bit:

1. Copied RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2 script and RenewalIFLib file from page 1 of this thread to freshly Quick-Formatted FAT32 8GB usb drive.

2. Copied CNSD-310FM files from the Z140 Files.rar (I DID NOT replace the CARDINFO file, I used the one included in the Z140 Files.rar) on a Quick-Formatted 32GB FAT32 SD card.

In the Car:

1. Connected USB drive to usb port.

2. Power on auto (ACC power). Unit began to boot and ran the script on the USB drive. (backed up files to USB, delete files, copied new RenewalIFLib to the 2 locations). After the script completed the unit restarted and booted like normal.

3. Inserted SD card and within 5 seconds the unit asked if i wanted to install the update. Entered bogus 16 digit password and install commenced. The install took about 25 minutes. The Z130BT unit rebooted to normal operational screen.

4. Went to the Bluetooth settings and did a firmware upgrade to 3.24. (took about 10 minutes)

I had no issues or hiccups. I have not tried any new functions, though I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I intend to connect via USB for Pandora control. I had already been using the S3 to play Pandora via Bluetooth (control via S3 phone screen).

Thanks again to everyone for sharing and advising.

Another success story, thanks to the leaders on this thread for providing the files, the knowledge, and the instructions.

I copied/pasted/edited Creef412 status report on page 12 because it does a good job structuring the steps taken and results observed.

My Unit: Z130BT running the Firmware Update Version 3.001 from Pioneer website.

On Laptop running Win7 - 32 Bit:

1. Copied RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2 script and RenewalIFLib file from page 1 of this thread to freshly Quick-Formatted FAT32 8GB usb drive.

2. Copied CNSD-310FM files from the Z140 Files.rar (I DID NOT replace the CARDINFO file, I used the one included in the Z140 Files.rar) on a Quick-Formatted 32GB FAT32 SD card.

In the Car:

1. Connected USB drive to usb port.

2. Power on auto (ACC power). Unit began to boot and ran the script on the USB drive. (backed up files to USB, delete files, copied new RenewalIFLib to the 2 locations). After the script completed the unit restarted and booted like normal.

3. Inserted SD card and within 5 seconds the unit asked if i wanted to install the update. Entered bogus 16 digit password and install commenced. The install took about 25 minutes. The Z130BT unit rebooted to normal operational screen.

4. Went to the Bluetooth settings and did a firmware upgrade to 3.24. (took about 10 minutes)

I had no issues or hiccups. I have not tried any new functions, though I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I intend to connect via USB for Pandora control. I had already been using the S3 to play Pandora via Bluetooth (control via S3 phone screen).

Thanks again to everyone for sharing and advising.

SUCCESS!

I did the exact same steps as B1978J and had no problems with update.

AVIC Z130BT

I was in the same boat today, my problem was caused by inadvertently installing "Condi's HACKMODE v2.21 - AUTOINSTAL" instead of "RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2". It looked like the install worked, but on reboot threw an error message in 3 languages saying something about not finding any application (or words to that effect). I fixed it by:

1. Backing up /user (shoulda done that b4)

2. Renaming /USER/PRGx.FLG to /USER/PRG.FLG (had to copy it to SD & rename on computer).

3. Above might of fixed it, but I also deleted /USER/PRG0/APL/AV and AV.mscr, then copied AV app from PRG1/APL.

4. Remove Testmode SD

5 Rebooted fine into my old CNSD210-FM software. So I was back where I started - more-or-less - using PRG1 apps.

6. Went back and followed the "correct" instructions on installing "RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2" and the right CardInfo.cif for CNSD-210FM.

7. Installed the Z140 SD with no issues.

I think i did the same thing on my z120 too but for some reason i could have sworn that i backed up my user folder to the pc but i guess i should have double checked. I can boot up into test mode but does anyone have the original user folder so i can replace my damaged one? I can boot up only to the splash screen but gets stuck there unless i go into test mode. any help would be appreciated.

I think i did the same thing on my z120 too but for some reason i could have sworn that i backed up my user folder to the pc but i guess i should have double checked. I can boot up into test mode but does anyone have the original user folder so i can replace my damaged one? I can boot up only to the splash screen but gets stuck there unless i go into test mode. any help would be appreciated.

What version were you running before installing Condi's Hackmode? That's the version of /USER you'll need. Actually, you probably only need one good PRG0 or PRG1, then use PRG.FLG to point the boot loader to PRG1 if necessary. Have you tried this? In my case, no harm was done to PRG1. I am assuming that PRG1 was my active folder prior to the screw-up because it still had working Z130 software.

Also, if you had previously upgraded you Z120 w/CNDS-210FM, you could just copy the APL files off that SD (or RAR) if you kept it.

What version were you running before installing Condi's Hackmode? That's the version of /USER you'll need. Actually, you probably only need one good PRG0 or PRG1, then use PRG.FLG to point the boot loader to PRG1 if necessary. Have you tried this? In my case, no harm was done to PRG1. I am assuming that PRG1 was my active folder prior to the screw-up because it still had working Z130 software.

Also, if you had previously upgraded you Z120 w/CNDS-210FM, you could just copy the APL files off that SD (or RAR) if you kept it.

platform : 3.000

application: 3.001

version: 03.0000

I have both PRG0 and PRG1 folders but did not find PRG.FLG anywhere. Im going to redownload CNDS-210FM and repace the APL files and see if that will work. Driving around with a missing center dash consel and radio sucks. lol had to use my sgs3 for music in the car. lol

If you dont have PRG.FLG in /USER then you might have good files in PRG1. PRG.FLG is just an empty (0 length) file. In my case, the Condi Hackmode script renamed it to PRGx.FLG.

Since Testmode doesn't support RENAME, you would need to copy it to SD, load the SD on your computer, and rename it. But since it is an empty file, why go through that bother. Open an editor (Notepad on Win) and save an empty file. You might need to rename it to PRG.FLG. Copy it to SD, and boot the HU into TestMode, then copy PRG.FLG from SD to /USER