CONSTANT REBOOTING AFTER 2012 UPDATE ON AVIC 110BT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jackal2403

jackal2403
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

My avic 110bt is constatly rebooting after the 2012 firmware update that i purchased off pioneer..it goes to the language screen then reboots itself..I had installed the 130 update a couple of months ago and no problem..pioneer is telling me that the language software seems not have installed when i called..is there anyway to where i can try to fix it on my own instead of sending it back to pioneer and also if i do is there anyway they can tell if i had installed the hacked version of the avic 130bt update?? thanks

#2 pionara

pionara

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

if you purchased the update and your unit stopped working after the update, I would say you have a pretty good case for them to fix it free of charge. Likely they will just manually reload the latest software, etc, or maybe replace with a refurb unit. You would need to get Pioneer to commit to this, but seems like you should have a good stance.

Yes you can probably fix this on your own with testmode, but you REALLY be going into "void your warranty" mode with this one.

Did the update go ok? The update should have upgrade OS, replaced the program, installed new maps, etc. There should be nothing running from original/old software. If something is missing, I would suspect something went wrong with update, hence the first point.

#3 jackal2403

jackal2403
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

i fixed it..i had to disconnect to power from the back of the radio and it worked..it would be nice if pioneer could have told me first before...thanks tho for the help..

#4 IdentityWithheld

IdentityWithheld

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

i fixed it..i had to disconnect to power from the back of the radio and it worked..it would be nice if pioneer could have told me first before...thanks tho for the help..

Any chance of you posting the install files? There are Z130 updgrade files posted but not the Z110/Z120 upgrade, so I thought I should ask.

2007 Camry LE (stock electrical wiring & battery)
Pioneer [bypassed AVIC-Z110BT (upgraded to 2013 Maps), CD-IU50V, GEX-P20HD, ND-TMC10]
Alpine Amps (PDX-F4 & PDX-M6)
Alpine RUX-KNOB Remote Bass Knob
Speakers [Polk Audio DB6501 (front) & Sony XS-GTX6931 GTX Series (rear)]
Subs [two 12" JL Audio W3's (12W3v3-8)]
Speaker adapters (Scosche SA69, SAK009, SAK010)
Metra 72-8104 Speaker Connectors
iPhone 4S (Verizon)
Viper Alarm with Remote SmartStart (start car from iPhone)
ADATA 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory
PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Interface
Boyo VTL200 Zinc Metal Chrome License Plate Camera
Lanzar OPTIKITCAP0 Optidrive 0 Gauge Dual Amplifier Wire Kit with 3.0 farad cap
XenonSupply HID Lights (H11), Wiring Harness, and Cancellor Caps
2x voltage/current meters under the hood (for alternator & for amps)

CUSTOM INSTALLS WITH "0" WIRES SHOWING INSIDE CABIN:
Zinwell ZAT-970A DTV Converter Box (modded power supply to run off of +12v)
Amplified DTV Antenna (hardwired to DTV box)
DICE (DCR-50-PTH) Cradle (CD-IU50V mounted from behind faceplate)
Scosche TA2058B 2007 Double Din Face Plate (flush-mounted DTV box IR sensor & DICE Cradle)
Modded PS2 Slim, wireless controllers, custom 45W power supply, run PS2 & retro games from 32GB flash
2x Region-Free DVD Headrest Monitors (built-in NES emulator, wireless controllers & headsets, zip covers)
4 Input 2 Output Composite RCA AV Switch Selector (sourcing from ANY screen, DTV, or PS2 Slim)
Full LED Conversion of Internal Lighting (added front & rear footwells, and rear headrest lighting)
Power Tamer VS Battery Saver (5201) (prevents HU reboot when restarting car)
The Big 3 (0 gauge wiring)

#5 The Radius Kid

The Radius Kid

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationStoney Creek,Ontario

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

Sounds like a problem I've see in Windows more than once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users