AVIC411.com

CONSTANT REBOOTING AFTER 2012 UPDATE ON AVIC 110BT

My avic 110bt is constatly rebooting after the 2012 firmware update that i purchased off pioneer..it goes to the language screen then reboots itself..I had installed the 130 update a couple of months ago and no problem..pioneer is telling me that the language software seems not have installed when i called..is there anyway to where i can try to fix it on my own instead of sending it back to pioneer and also if i do is there anyway they can tell if i had installed the hacked version of the avic 130bt update?? thanks

if you purchased the update and your unit stopped working after the update, I would say you have a pretty good case for them to fix it free of charge. Likely they will just manually reload the latest software, etc, or maybe replace with a refurb unit. You would need to get Pioneer to commit to this, but seems like you should have a good stance.

Yes you can probably fix this on your own with testmode, but you REALLY be going into "void your warranty" mode with this one.

Did the update go ok? The update should have upgrade OS, replaced the program, installed new maps, etc. There should be nothing running from original/old software. If something is missing, I would suspect something went wrong with update, hence the first point.