AVIC411.com

2007 Honda Odyssey install with AVIC X940BT + more

Hows it going. First post here and looking for a little advice on planning the install for my in car media setup. I have everything ordered (should have ordered from Crutchfield) but with Amazon it splits it off into about 10 shipments. Either way, I'm trying to plan out how to run everything.

The system will consist of the following:

AVIC X940BT Headunit

CD-IU51V Pioneer official iPhone cable

ASWC Steering wheel control adapter

2x Headrest monitors (will receive rca out from headunit)

Backup camera

Mounting / installation hardware + bypass

I have a pretty good idea how to execute my plan for media. I'm just stumped on a couple things. I admit I have not taken out any plugs or panels to verify. But help would be appreciate to finalize my installation plan.

- Odyssey Specific - For the 07 EX-L where are the reverse and VSS wires? I've seen a couple conflicting statements for this. I'm fairly certain the 08 and up are different, but an 07 confirmation would be awesome.

- Below is a picture of roughly what my interior looks like. I am stuck on where to run to GPS antenna and BT mic. I need some ideas. I am considering running the mic around the passenger side trim and up through the headliner to near the rear view mirror and clip it there. I can't really think of a plan that has enough room to actually cut it in for a flush mount. Though this would be preferred.

- As for the GPS antenna, does it perform better in clear view of the sky? Should I try to get it possibly through the front and mount it near where the windshield meets the dash or is it not as picky with line of sight?

- Last one ( for now). I need some ideas for running the iPhone cable. I want to have easy access to it with minimal wire exposed. I use Spotify often and will need to control a lot of that from the phone directly. I'd like the least amount of cable hanging around and a mount would be awesome. I'm open to a bunch of ideas, except I don't want to block vents.

Any insight on this would be a huge help. Here is a picture of the Ody interior. Only difference between this and mine is I have the electronic climate control system instead of knobs and I do have a moonroof so there isnt as much room in front of the sunglass holder.

4151_st0640_059.jpg

oddysey07.jpg

as far as the GPS antenna goes,I usually put them on the dash by the windshield if there is a suitable flat spot for the metal plate to be applied,be sure and clean the spot on the dash with rubbing alcohol first.the signal strength will be just as good there and it will be out of the weather and car washes.you MUST use the supplied metal plate for the GPS antenna when installing it on a not metal surface(like a dash).

This is awesome. Thank you so much.

I installed part of the headunit this past weekend. It was getting dark so I decided not to push the VSS or Reverse wire as I had to open it back up next weekend to wire rear monitors and steering wheel control.

For the GPS - I cut out a small hole in the back of the radio opening to snake the nav antenna to the front of the dash out the defroster vent. There is 1 spot by the center that the square piece fit perfectly.

For the BT mic, I ran everything around the drivers side, up the side airbag. I'm not thrilled but I have the wire under the headliner, up until the sunvisor where you can see the cable go over the top and of course see the mic there. Sound quality is very good, but I'm not thrilled that I can see it.

Again thank you very much for that diagram.

So this is for the reverse sensor. Pop the kick panel off by fuses. Take the 14 pin connector out count from it facing wire side towards me, count 11 from top right over, correct?

I'm not sure without looking at the vehicle,find a green wire and check it with a DMM.

sometimes the plugs actually have numbers stamped on them by each pin,look real close with a flashlight on the plug.

• 2 months later...