AVIC411.com

Last Tuesday ( I think), my phone showed updates available for the AppRadio App, Car Media Player and Car Keyboard. I did all of the updates, and have seen no difference. Still won't stay paired, my phone asks every time I start my car to pair. Does anybody know what they were for, or supposed to do? I have read all of the threads and I have not seen the answer to my question. If I missed it I apologize.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php

Go to the development forum for your specific phone. Look for a Jelly Bean rom, and instructions on how to install it. I recommend CyanogenMod10 (CM10). It's pretty easy, and there are usually some 1-click solutions available.

Basically install a custom recovery (ClockworkMod) and then a custom rom (CM10). After the initial formatting and setting up, it's a very easy process.

Here was what I was going to post originally:

You're correct it's only in the nightly/beta stage right now, not a full release, but it's really stable enough to use as your daily driver...As I said, after the initial rooting and unlocking your bootloader (which you have to format/erase your phone to do) then, it's really easy to backup your entire phone ('Nandroid' backup) and try different Roms.

If you stick with CM10, you can flash/update everyday easily (it just flashes right on top of your phone and updates it without erasing anything) to get the latest and greatest features and fixes. Of course you don't have to do it every day, every few days, or once a week or month is fine also (Although if you decided to only update monthly I'd recommend the CM10 M-series builds, (monthly/milestone).)

But I did a little more work, and went back and saw that you have a Droid Razr and checked out the forum on XDA, and you're right, CM10 for the Droid Razr is not as far as long as for the Galaxy Nexus. It says it's beta and almost ready for daily use...Personally I'd go ahead, back up your txts (theres an app for that), pictures and SD-Card (mostly everything else should be backed up by through Google automatically) and unlock your bootloader and install a custom recovery. That's the hard stuff. Then you have the option of trying CM10 or a different Rom pretty easily in the first couple days. It looks like CM10 has most of the stock features working for the Razr.

Just a reminder: switching between Roms you'll need to do a full wipe of your phone, but updating from an older version to a new version of the same rom, you will not need to do a full wipe. Also CM10 = Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) and CM9 = Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)