AVIC411.com

Is this the right pinout for the "power connector" on an X930BT/X9310BT? Having trouble with reverse signal.

Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to wire a reverse camera to my X9310BT (Subaru OEM version of a X930BT). I've got everything sorted out except for the reverse signal. The Subaru harness does not have matching colour codes when compared to the Pioneer installation manual, and the Pioneer manual only says to hook the reverse signal up to the violet/white wire - not the actual pin number in question.

I found this diagram:

F900Pin-Outs.jpg

Is it correct for a X930BT? This is from the FAQ for the F900BT on this site (in a post from 2009).

I think I hooked the signal up to pin 13 or pin 11 - if it's on 13, and the above diagram is correct, that's obviously wrong (power antenna). If I hooked it to 11, then it should be working... and it isn't.

I can get the camera picture to come up if I tell the unit to look for ground on the camera settings page, then restart the unit (power cycle) - this means my camera is OK and it's just the reverse signal that isn't working for me, obviously whatever pin it's looking at isn't receiving voltage.

Help!

I have a Canadian STi with the Sport-Tech package; it comes from the factory with the X9310BT and a Subaru-manufactured adapter from the 20-pin connector to the back of the X9310BT. I am 99% sure that I have the 20-pin connector that you would find in American Imprezas without navigation; my research on NASIOC tells me that newer American Imprezas with nav have a 14-pin connector and a 24-pin connector.

I've tapped the brown and yellow wire in the footwell that is common to use when installing aftermarket HUs that require a reverse gear signal in Imprezas... and that's what I'm having trouble confirming the location of on the back of the Pioneer thanks to their dumbass lack of information in their installation guide.

In both my posts I said that I've already read the installation manual and I know it says it's the violet and white wire. What I don't know is what colour that is on Subaru's harness that adapts from the 20-pin Subaru connector to the Pioneer connector; none of the colours match the installation manual.

What I'm trying to get at is what pin number on the connector that violet and white wire is attached to so I can correlate it with the mystery Subaru cable.

I do appreciate your helping but I feel like I'm just spinning in circles here. :huh:

Ok, let me start over... It seems I got confused by your second post.

The brown with yellow stripe wire found in the drivers side kick panel area (as you already know) gets connected to the violet with white wire on the 16 pin pioneer connector to get the reverse camera to switch on when in reverse. The brown with yellow stripe wire does not have a corresponding wire on the subaru side (20 pin harness). I used a vampire tap on both the brown with yellow stripe (reverse signal) and green with black stripe (vehicle speed sensor) and then wired them to their corresponding wires on the pioneer harness when I installed my x930bt in my 2011 Legacy Limited.

In summary, the reverse signal wire is not on the 20 pin subaru harness. You will have to tap into or splice into the brown with yellow stripe wire to get your reverse camera to work properly.

Yes. I know.

I have the brown and yellow wire tapped already. I need to connect it to the Pioneer connector at the back of the head unit. I don' t know WHERE to connect it to the Pioneer head unit because I do not have a Pioneer cable, there is a special adapter already in the car that goes from the 20-pin Subaru connector to the back of the Pioneer, the place where you would NORMALLY plug in a harness that would normally come in a box with an X930BT you bought from a store.

Because I have a X9310BT that came with my Subaru, I do not have this harness. There is a cable there already that is MISSING the reverse wire (as you said). Where do I ATTACH the reverse wire to the back of the Pioneer on that 16-pin connector ("POWER HARNESS") in the diagram in my first post? Is pin #11 the right spot for a X930BT/X9310BT or is that diagram incorrect - it's from an older Pioneer unit.

LOL, this is a classic case of two people just not being on the same page. Sorry for all the confusion.

The x930bt/x9310bt does use the standard Pioneer 16 pin power harness pinout. Pin 11 is in fact the correct location to tie your reverse sensor wire to on the radio. Hopefully that is the confirmation you were looking for.

Alright. I got it working, wahoo! The pinout in the first post is indeed correct.

For anyone else with a Canadian Sport-Tech model Subaru Impreza STi, the adapter between the Pioneer connector and the Subaru connector actually has a nice little bullet-style connector taped up for the reverse signal (a violet wire).

During my earlier screwing around I ended up butchering the wire attached to pin 13, the power antenna signal (blue), but since the Subaru doesn't have a power antenna it's not really relevant. For whatever reason this signal continues on to the 20-pin Subaru connector and ends up at pin 19, I think, which isn't connected to anything on the other side.