AVIC411.com

iPhone 5, So What's Everyone Doing?

With the iPhone 5 now out, and the lightning to 30 adapter (which at best will likely only support audio) weeks away, what are folks doing? As it stands I've got the cord it came with and no place to use the phone.

The bluetooth to 30 seems like a decent option to at least get some audio to docks (appradio included?) but everything is so crippled right now, it really can make things "out of sorts"

Personally, I'm holding onto my 4S until a resolution is made for Iphone 5 compatibility. The outlook on that happening is still pretty murky at the moment. It's basically a wait and see deal right now.

If a new cable or some other solution cannot be made, then I will hold onto my Iphone 4S/Appradio2 combo as long as I can stand it. Most likely I will get the next iPhone (iPhone 5S?), and make a decision then. If the Appradio will not support it, then it will be an excuse to end the Appradio experiment and get something a little more conventional (built-in GPS, A2DP bluetooth, etc.) because I wouldn't want to go through all this again.

Ok, so have had the AppRadio installed now for about a month and just upgraded to the iPhone 5. Last night, I plugged in the new Lightning cable (supplied with iphone) into the USB port on AppRadio cable - so the regular 30 pin connected was not used. Same USB port where you would do the firmware update.

1. Phone does indeed charge.

2. Music will not play from the "iPod" app on AppRadio - but once iPhone is plugged in, app does activate, but just sits there reading, then finally an error message.

3. The AppRadio "Apps" icon does activate, but then just a blank screen.

4. "Pandora" app does activate, but I did not test to see if it actually works.

What does this tell me - the AppRadio does indeed recognize a device is connected - just not talking to each other nicely. Hopefully this means that a firmware and iPhone update to their app could possible resolve this? Hopefully so. I have no problem in buying a new Lightning cable for the car before having to ditch the whole radio.

• 2 weeks later...

So let me explain my situation a little. I always jailbreak. before i got a program called music controls pro on cydia my functionality between my 4s and my avhp 5200bt was very limited. after installing the program i had full functionality on all music apps ( skips on pandora album art on pandora control of tunein radio etc ). When i got my iphone 5 and restored from a recent backup i still had all that functionality. i replaced my 5 and restored as a new until i could get home and nothing worked. no sound... nothing. got home and restored again from the recent back up and everything worked again. what im trying to say is its not the cord, its the os. something must have been left from the jailbreak program that saved in my backup. because everything works on my iphone 5 now. my suggestion is a bit tedious, but it may help. Jailbreak your iphone 4s add music controls in cydia back up your phone then restore your iphone 5 to that most recent backup. i think everything may work on the 5 then. hope this helps.