AVIC411.com

Upgrading a X920/X930 to X940 Instructions

x920bt update successfull and easy. Thank you guys so much! The only thing i am noticing is that Pandora and Aha are a little buggy when it comes to connecting to the bluetooth. It keeps saying " bluetooth connection is disconnected. Press connect to reconnect". When I press connect sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't connect and gives me the same response. Anyone else have similar issues?

Thanks again, this is a great mod!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

x920bt update successfull and easy. Thank you guys so much! The only thing i am noticing is that Pandora and Aha are a little buggy when it comes to connecting to the bluetooth. It keeps saying " bluetooth connection is disconnected. Press connect to reconnect". When I press connect sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't connect and gives me the same response. Anyone else have similar issues?

Thanks again, this is a great mod!

That happens to me all the time. My phone connects and I can take calls, but I cannot connect to through the pandora link. I just figured it had something to do with my phone.

pandora via bluetooth only works with android as far as I know, and you have to change appmode from wired (only for IOS device) to bluetooth (only for android) in a/v settings menus.

You can use basic bluetooth audio streaming from any compatible bluetooth device that supports a2dp, but only appmode over bluetooth works on android i believe. WOuld like to hear if anyone with android can confirm this.

So, just to be 100% clear, doing this will basically turn my X930BT into an X940BT, and will gain native Android connectivity and functions? I don't have an iDevice, and I don't plan on getting one ANY time soon; I like my rooted Android too much :D But I use Slacker Radio a lot (I pay the extra $ each month for an upgraded account) and it would be freeking AWESOME if I could use Slacker stations via Aha on the unit connected to my phone!

no one? if this give my 930 Aha Android access then I'd like to get this done this week.

Yes, this will upgrade your X930 to X940. The main "upgrade" will be the newer map. As for the rest of your questions, why don't you try it and let us know. Worse comes to worse, you got newer maps. :)

Yes, this will upgrade your X930 to X940. The main "upgrade" will be the newer map. As for the rest of your questions, why don't you try it and let us know. Worse comes to worse, you got newer maps. :)

Well I had that assumption too, but wasn't 100% sure if the maps were going to be updated as well. To tell you the truth, I don't use the Nav a whole lot, but that's a bonus, lol. I know I read about VR not working right; again, no issue with that, that's something else I don't use :P

Read through this thread once quickly, so I'm about to read through it one more time and get everything in line before I dive in; the LAST thing I want to do is brick this unit; I just put it in and as it is being a 930, it's a BAJILLION times more awesome than D3 it replaced :D

Upgraded my 920bt to 940bt with the super easy method. Very smooth and easy process. Only question, bluetooth firmware showing 3.1.1 and the update button is not lit up to press to update. Sd card was still installed. Everyrhing working correctly just want most recent updates. Also still on 4.0.0. Is there anything else i can do.

Only question, bluetooth firmware showing 3.1.1 and the update button is not lit up to press to update. ... Also still on 4.0.0. Is there anything else i can do.

1. make sure you turn bluetooth on in the bluetooth settings menu

2. application version 4.010, "version" (platform) = 4.000. Press and hold top left corner in Service Info screen to get complete details.

dude it's ridiculously easy, just takes time to download the update and install it to the unit; the process itself is EXTREMELY simple now though!

yes, modding with a hex editor is little more difficult, but as long as you follow the instructions posted here in the forms it really isn't all that difficult. I've never messed with a hex editor before, but after some reading I was able to removed the "caution: screen may be reversed" text from my backup camera AND bypass the navigation caution nag screen; was actually more simple than it looked!

Thanks to guys like pionara, all these mods are getting easier and easier :)

I upgraded my X930BT to the X940BT software using this thread. I have an Android Galaxy Nexus.

Am I supposed to be able to get Pandora and Aha Radio to sync between my Nexus and the head unit via bluetooth so they show up on the head unit display? Because no matter what I try, it doesn't work at all.

It always stops at the head unit message of "Look at your smartphone screen when safe to do so" but nothing ever happens and the apps continue only on the phone screen.

I sync bluetooth calls and audio just fine.

Help?

I upgraded my X930BT to the X940BT software using this thread. I have an Android Galaxy Nexus.

Am I supposed to be able to get Pandora and Aha Radio to sync between my Nexus and the head unit via bluetooth so they show up on the head unit display? Because no matter what I try, it doesn't work at all.

It always stops at the head unit message of "Look at your smartphone screen when safe to do so" but nothing ever happens and the apps continue only on the phone screen.

I sync bluetooth calls and audio just fine.

Help?

When you updated, did you also update the bluetooth to 3.24? I forgot to do that and could never get pandora to sync with my phone. I updated the bluetooth and all is well now.