AVIC411.com

Upgrading a X920/X930 to X940 Instructions

Hi guys,

I'm new here but I was hoping maybe someone could either help me or if this has happened to any one else. I upgraded my X930 to the 940 software as disccused at the beginning of this thread. Update worked liked a charm, thanks a bunch! I also used the hack to remove the nag screen ( the press ok to continue screen for navigation) and that works great too, and updated the bluetooth firmware. I new have a weird issue. My navi now likes to randomly shut off. I thought it was because my iPhone 5 was connected and it didn't like it but I tried to play music over bluetooth and same effect. In fact, music over bluetooth is bad, sound goes in and out randomly as with having it plugged in. None of this happened before the update. I dont know if this is a hardware or software issue. If any one knows what it could be, please help? The navi is barely over a year old I believe and I'd hate to think its a hardware issue. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

I have 920 in my truck and want to upgrade to the 940. But the last time I tried this it was on my old D series and I bricked the unit.

So does anyone have a complete instruction list and also links to what I need to down load?

Sort of like an idiot proof instruction guide to do this.

Would like to do it this weekend.

Let me know guys and thanks.

Whit

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a x930bt

Im looking to upgrade it to x940bt and have the 2013 map.

After several readings, it's still not clear to me.

1 - By doing the 2013 maps update here :

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38472-2013-usacan-maps-download/

am I gonna upgrade to x940bt at the same time?

2- Do I have to follow the SuperEasyMethod (thus having the 2012 maps) and then follow the above threat?

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35230-2012-uscan-maps-cnsd-310fmuc-upgrade-updated-to-supereasymethod-beta/