AVIC411.com

Upgrading a X920/X930 to X940 Instructions

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually found a way to get VR working on x930bt (assuming x940bt). Pioneer actually crippled VR in these models while letting Z130/140 keep the feature.

It involves patching your AplLib.dll to report a devicetype of z140bt instead of x930/x940 bt.

I'm wondering if I have any advanced beta-testers that received some reduced voice functionality to try to get it workign again?

(I think there will be only limited restoration - some features seem to not be present in the 2012 update that is floating around here).

But seems like it should be working...

here is the thread for x930bt and friends if any of you want to play along at home... :)

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35293-challenge-restoring-vr-on-x930bt-and-friends/

well, what I mean is that, unless there is a real hardware difference in terms of VR - which I highly doubt - then the features are only taken away in software, based upon device type. I assume either for increasing marketing value of higher tier (Z-series), or maybe for liability/legal (voice recognition software licensing, etc) reasons....

Anyhow, it should be possible - there may be some files missing - or maybe my mic sucks?

Just to confirm, does upgrading a x930 to x940 firmware lose any testmode functionality? Can we still copy/paste even after the upgrade?

Well, there are actually several "testmode" modes. The one that has floated around here for a long time was the basic "service" testmode that i guess techs and service centers get. With the 40 series, they disable the copy feature, presumably to prevent the kind of stuff we like to do here.

Anyhow, I found a way to generate other testmode keys, and specifically a "developer" (aka super) testmode that does have filecopy enabled. There are alot of other dangerous items in that testmode, so do be careful not to slice your fingers on anything...;)

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35110-avic-f40bt-testmode-fixed-firmware/&do=findComment&comment=256194

Well, there are actually several "testmode" modes. The one that has floated around here for a long time was the basic "service" testmode that i guess techs and service centers get. With the 40 series, they disable the copy feature, presumably to prevent the kind of stuff we like to do here.

Anyhow, I found a way to generate other testmode keys, and specifically a "developer" (aka super) testmode that does have filecopy enabled. There are alot of other dangerous items in that testmode, so do be careful not to slice your fingers on anything... ;)

http://avic411.com/i...re/#entry256194

Nice work! Looking forward to trying this upgrade this weekend. Any reasons not to push the 940 on a 930?

HELP!!! my renewal.dll file doesnt look the same as what is expected at 1c30 , I tried searching for the pattern like LDforget on page 2 but I have that string in at least 10 places.

Is it safe to download the same renewal file onto the device like the one you guys have? OR what can I do?

ismail, what model and what software version do you have?

Please check that you updated to latest version for your model first.

You cannot just change anything that matches. It needs to be that instruction in a specific place within the code..

Hi Pionara,

Its a x920bt that was upgraded with cnsd210 earlier , so platform version 3, How can I go about figuring out where that check is?

Hi Pionara,

Its a x920bt that was upgraded with cnsd210 earlier , so platform version 3, How can I go about figuring out where that check is?

Also I check out the the version prog1 directory has the correct numbers at 1C30, should I edit that one and flash?