AVIC411.com

Firmware 4.01

I havent posted or been on this forum for a while probably over a year. I went on today to check for updated maps and suddenly noticed that the f910 has an update on Pioneer's site. I have read a lot of threads but cant seem to find anything other than the hybrid 4.01 thread.

I have a couple of quick questions and would appreciate some feedback. Can I just download the firmware from Pioneer's site and update my 3.02 firmware to 4.01? Or do I just follow the directions on the Hybrid 4.01 thread and use that download file?

Also will this affect my Mod. I am using one that I developed from all the people that have been doing this for a while but I am just a copier not a coder. I know Daftia, Ill Die Trying or Abb's mods are great but mine is simple and just want to reuse it. They have all helped me with my mod as well.

I appreciate all the posters to this forum and just want to say thanks in advance. Please let me know if you have any answers. Thanks

The hybrid 4.001 update is actually based on the f910/f900 4.x update which is only for users who have installed CNSD-200FM upgrade.

You cannot go from 3.x to 4.x with normal update. You can buy CNSD-200FM (which is already out of date, maybe CNSD-300FM soon?)

or you can to use hybrid-4.001 method, which is just the pioneer update + latest maps/pois (your own) + some slight customizations.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/AVIC-F910BT/index.html

The hybrid 4.001 update is actually based on the f910/f900 4.x update which is only for users who have installed CNSD-200FM upgrade.

You cannot go from 3.x to 4.x with normal update. You can buy CNSD-200FM (which is already out of date, maybe CNSD-300FM soon?)

or you can to use hybrid-4.001 method, which is just the pioneer update + latest maps/pois (your own) + some slight customizations.

http://www.pioneer.e...10BT/index.html

i remeber doing something like this for the 3.02 update but i also remember having to update the sys.txt file or something. i think you are the one who posted the firmware update. if i follow your instructions will i be able to use my data file with this update along with my image.res file? please let me know as i am eager to update my navi especially if start up is faster. i will post future questions in your thread. i am sure i will have a couple more. thanks