AVIC411.com

z140bh Dual Zone Help and netflix streaming

hello all. I just recently purchased a z140bh. So far i love the unit other than the actual screen picture quality during video playback leaves me wishing i had my 5 year old flip out screen back. (or is there something im missing here too)

main question i have is ive been reading that these have dual zone capabilities however i cant seem to find anything about how to use it or turn it on in the manual or online. does it have to be hooked up a specific way? my end goal is to make my headphone unit that sits in the rear of my center console be used as my rear seat audio output but i can figure the logistics of how to turn that on and put sound to it once i figure out how to turn the dual zone feature on on the head unit. (the headphone unit is stock in my 06 suburban and was allowed to power on when the factory radio turned on now the the factory radio has been removed i will have to power it and then send a new feed to the unit as well.)

second question i have an android phone that allows me to stream netflix through a netflix app to my phone, is there a way to link that app to the radio as well. im assumeing no but figured id ask.

so any help on this dual zone option would be greatly appreciated! also any cool cracks available for this unit?

thanks!

hello all. I just recently purchased a z140bh. So far i love the unit other than the actual screen picture quality during video playback leaves me wishing i had my 5 year old flip out screen back. (or is there something im missing here too)

main question i have is ive been reading that these have dual zone capabilities however i cant seem to find anything about how to use it or turn it on in the manual or online. does it have to be hooked up a specific way? my end goal is to make my headphone unit that sits in the rear of my center console be used as my rear seat audio output but i can figure the logistics of how to turn that on and put sound to it once i figure out how to turn the dual zone feature on on the head unit. (the headphone unit is stock in my 06 suburban and was allowed to power on when the factory radio turned on now the the factory radio has been removed i will have to power it and then send a new feed to the unit as well.)

second question i have an android phone that allows me to stream netflix through a netflix app to my phone, is there a way to link that app to the radio as well. im assumeing no but figured id ask.

so any help on this dual zone option would be greatly appreciated! also any cool cracks available for this unit?

thanks!

These units have a screen resolution of 800 x 480; this is DVD quality on a 7" screen. I would say your source video quality is low. DVDs look great, and SD vids are hit or miss when it comes to PQ.

Also, the dual-zone feature allows you to send a different source (DVD, iPod/iPhone, BT, etc.) to the Audio-OUT/Video-Out REAR RCA plugs on the back of the HU. In order for you to do what you want, you would have to hard-wire your headphone unit to the REAR output RCAs of the HU.

The dual-sone feature is best utilized if you have monitors in the back with either headphone capability or built-in speakers. This way, your rear passangers can hear & see a separate source than what is seen & heard up front. So, unless you have monitors in the rear, the dual-zone capability isnt fully utilized.

Hope this helps