AVIC411.com

Appradio 2, Android CM9, blank videos?

Hey everybody, I was wondering if anybody else has this problem and if anyone has any insight on my problem.

My appradio 2 works fine, with working bypass and all. Mirroring my phone on the radio works like normal. However, when it comes to trying to watch a video or youtube, it's just a black screen while my phone plays the videos just fine. Only way I can get youtube videos to work is to open a browser and watch it in the browser on the radio, WITHOUT going fullscreen. If I go fullscreen it goes blank on the radio.

I'm on my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on CM9 rom, on the latest nightly. Is anyone on CM9 or a CM9 Skyrocket having the same issue as I am? Could it be the rom? (I already tried starting from a clean install, didn't work for me, who knows maybe I'm doing something wrong if everybody else's working fine) Or could it be the way I have my bypass set up?

I'm not sure but I think I recall it doing the same on a stock Jelly Bean Galaxy Nexus. So, would it be my radio??

Well, hope someone can give me some input on my issue before I go through my wiring and before I consider maybe going through warranty with this.

Thanks.

I have a rezound and I got the same problem ,I have tested tons of roms out, I think it's the kernel that is doing it.any time I put a stock kernel on it works without issues other than it over heated once, maybe try running a stock kernel with your custom rom see if that works before you put in a warranty clam.

I should be on stock kernel. Unless CM9 installs it's own kernel. I don't recall official CM9 doing this, but I do know a lot of unofficial Cyanogenmod roms people post like to use different kernels. Well at least I know where to point the blame and start investigating at.

Well, I'm gonna purchase the ARLiberator app which should make up for the whole blank video issue. Finally, Appradio the way it should be.

Thanks for your input Yzrider

I should be on stock kernel. Unless CM9 installs it's own kernel. I don't recall official CM9 doing this, but I do know a lot of unofficial Cyanogenmod roms people post like to use different kernels. Well at least I know where to point the blame and start investigating at.

Well, I'm gonna purchase the ARLiberator app which should make up for the whole blank video issue. Finally, Appradio the way it should be.

Thanks for your input Yzrider

I tested a few roms on the Galaxy Nexus with the ARLiberator app and they all pass video just fine including CM10.

Alright everybody, I figured it out. So I went through my running background services and stopped everything I thought was suspicious, and I even uninstalled MXPlayer and BubbleUpnp just for trial. And videos finally came through.

The main culprit.... "RotationLocker" which I use with "tasker" to make the best use out of the appradio.

Removed that, and sure enough everything worked perfectly.

Thanks again everybody, and hope this helps out anybody else who has this issue.